Dh-17 Blaster Questions

jarebear

Hey everybody, I've been working on my dh-17 for awhile now and I've been wondering how the scope works. With that red rod in front, is it just closed, like can you not see through it, if so any recommendations on what to do for the front part with the rod and the back part, should I still put a glass piece in the back of the scope or is just blacked out?

I used to own a real one. It's not like a regular scope. The rear is normal but the front is closed off. It is an occluded eye design which means you could not see through it. It was designed to be used with both eyes open - one eye would see the red dot while the other eye looked at the target. Binocular vision then put the two images together.

here is a good shot of the front without the cone lens: http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=51774&p=700329&viewfull=1#post700329

i converted. Hasbro DH-17 toy. I took off the cone an inserted a black rubber spacer and clipped off a piece of a darth vader figure lightsaber for the red tip.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back