Dexter's Kill Bag and Tools

Just need a Messermeister knife roll and my set is complete for now. The kill knife is a real knife. While not 100% accurate as the handle needs to be about 1.25” longer this is still a very good custom piece that is VERY sharp.
Nice! What's your plan for the cleaver? Anyone cutting the spatula these days?

Nice! What's your plan for the cleaver? Anyone cutting the spatula these days?
The cleaver I have is actually a Mundial 6.5. It’s the same blade as the the Mundial Future, even the handle is the same but black plastic instead of the stainless so in the knife roll you can’t even tell. It’s a good place holder for now until I can find the Future model one day.

My dexter collection display is coming along great. Waiting on my 1/6 Scale figure. Any other suggestions for it?

CF614B4C-F6FC-4D0E-A4E5-F4F9DFB23791.jpeg

Attachments

• 5C62F079-ADFB-48D9-8E73-EFB8C89E0427.jpeg
    5C62F079-ADFB-48D9-8E73-EFB8C89E0427.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 120
  • 868DC9A4-3D65-4AB7-8FD7-48551371FE88.jpeg
    868DC9A4-3D65-4AB7-8FD7-48551371FE88.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 106
  • 41661654-DA81-4021-9CDF-BDDC105341E9.jpeg
    41661654-DA81-4021-9CDF-BDDC105341E9.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 115
  • 12CDDB90-C041-43AD-A220-07AE1F2ED8D6.jpeg
    12CDDB90-C041-43AD-A220-07AE1F2ED8D6.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 99
The cleaver I have is actually a Mundial 6.5. It’s the same blade as the the Mundial Future, even the handle is the same but black plastic instead of the stainless so in the knife roll you can’t even tell. It’s a good place holder for now until I can find the Future model one day.
Wasn't sure if you planned on doing the handle swap. I've heard of it but have never seen it successfully completed.

I'm in the same boat. Just missing the spatula and kill knife (and small bone saw, of course).

Last edited:
Got my knife bag in today. I was holding out for a while, looking for the accurate version, but caved and got a new one. Who knows how long it will be until another one surfaces. If anyone here has one and is willing to sell, I'll take it.

I'll get the spatula next and then keep looking for a cleaver with the stainless handle. Then all I'll need is a good small saw substitute and a kill knife (or two). Might put one in the roll and one in my detolf display.

I also have a sharpening rod in my kit. Not sure I've ever seen anyone else with one (can be seen in a few scenes).

I plan on cutting the flap on the knife case and displaying this in a shadow box. Can anyone recommend a good shadow box for this?

Curious, how do you guys display your sets?

20220318_173449-01.jpeg

Did ANYONE ever find that accurate makeup brush case used for the syringes? lol I remember joining all kinds of makeup forums, trying all kinds of tactics and fake stories to try to find someone that had one of those things to sell it to me 2nd hand.
What a blast from the past, this thread is! I'm extremely apprehensive about the new season/reboot. I hated the way it ended.
I finally found one! Even had the tag still attached.

I also found another one previously, but that had been sold about a year before I found it. Even tried to track it down through the seller, but no luck.

And another one! I now have 2 original Messermeister knife bags. These are still out there, just have to be persistent with looking.

... still looking for a Drew Smith kill knife or two

1000011989.jpg

I finally found one! Even had the tag still attached.

I also found another one previously, but that had been sold about a year before I found it. Even tried to track it down through the seller, but no luck.
That’s awesome!
Hey, have you found the hammer yet?

I visit swap meets and garage sales every week. Keeping an eye out for more.

I managed to find a pair of Lucky Brand cargo pants from the first two seasons.
My latest find is Vince Masuka’s bowling ball from season 2.

Ebonite Optix. The balls can be expensive. Fans of the 1999 movie Mystery Men get them because they’re the closest thing to the skull ball used by “The Bowler”.

Attachments

• IMG_6443.jpeg
    IMG_6443.jpeg
    118.4 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_6431.jpeg
    IMG_6431.jpeg
    65.5 KB · Views: 12
That’s awesome!
Hey, have you found the hammer yet?

I visit swap meets and garage sales every week. Keeping an eye out for more.

I managed to find a pair of Lucky Brand cargo pants from the first two seasons.
My latest find is Vince Masuka’s bowling ball from season 2.

Ebonite Optix. The balls can be expensive. Fans of the 1999 movie Mystery Men get them because they’re the closest thing to the skull ball used by “The Bowler”.
I have not found the hammer. I only casually look for that, but would be a nice find.

I just saw a pair of the Lucky cargos last week or so, but they were khaki and not green. I already have the green ones, so I passed on them anyway. Did you get green ones?

Never thought about that bowling ball, that's a unique item to chase.

Yes. The green ones. In a size that I could actually fit in if I shed a few tons
Awesome, congrats! I know how hard they are to find - anything is better than nothing.

If only I could source a Drew Smith kill knife, I'd be close to completing my collection. I've been buying multiples of various things, just to keep the thrill, but the knife would be a grail!

I'm winding down on completing my collection, so I decided to put in some work on items I have on hand.

I cut my spatula the other day. As somewhat of a perfectionist, it was tough for me to cut it so "rough" and not a smooth curve on the inside of the blade, replicating the actual prop. Here's a side by side of mine (left) next to a screenshot (right) and then another reference showing the irregular "curve." I used this image as a template for my cut, I'm pretty happy with the results.

I also created a small bone saw from a regular larger one. Another post later on that project.

GridArt_20240202_004446884.jpg
1000012631.jpg

Knife kit completed. I moved everything into the accurate knife bag - just need to put the shadow box back together and hang it on the wall again.

Still looking for the accurate large bone saw that has the "longer" handle. Found a website that "had" it, but when it arrived last week, they sent one that didn't match their website photo (that was actually the accurate one).

1000013147.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back