Dexter Season 7 and 8

Rbeato

Sr Member
So with the news I've read and been told about I'm actually thinking season 7 will be great.
It will start exactly where season 6 left off which is good, glad they are doing a few days later type of bs where we see dex and deb talking about things so it will start off with that right away.
And even though most thought Louis would be the big serial killer this season, he won't, writers are still figuring out his exact role. but clearly the obsession with dexter, buying and sending him the itk hand, I personally think he has some relation to dexter (as i kept saying Brians estranged son, Brian was 3 years older than Dex putting him close to 40 in season 1, he was released from the psych ward when he was 18 as being "cured" and from that time easily could have knocked up some girl) or will try to be a killer like dexter since he no longer wants the thrill of the serial killer game and do it poorly and have a quick end on dex's table..?
But I think its going to be very good, and the writers are working their asses off on this season I was told more so than it seemed in that past according to my sources. Which the clear reason for that is there is an end in sight and now they can really sit back and bust their ass at coming up with a great end to the show over the last 2 seasons.

Last edited:
Re: Dexter Season 7

Wait.

They introduced Louis, they've made him weirdly obsessed with Dexter......and they don't know why?!

well they have an idea clearly from how he was in season 6 being obsessed with dexter, but still figuring out how they want to exactly build and develop the character. I just know a few in other blogs and what not a lot thought for sure he would become the main serial killer for next season which atleast we know he won't be that. Which leaves so many possibilities as who he is. I'm just as curious to see what they do with him after he told Dex he was dumping the video games and do something to be remembered by, and what that can be is many many things. And will be very odd if Deb goes to Dex's apartment when he finds the ITK hand on top of his fridge open already. Sorry kind of wrote that wrong in the first post about the writers and Louis' character.

Kinda sounds like how they did Episode 1 introducing all those characters. Target # of action figure options reached, but how to develop them later through the other 2 films....?

makes sense to me since before they admitted to a lot of filler episodes and such because they never had an end in site so just kept going, so if they had a long term plan for louis, they gotta change them now since they know when its over.

This has been my central problem with the show. They just threw crap in to create filler. And the end result was, predictably, that the crap they threw in either didn't work or had to be hand-waived away or was simply ignored.

Say, did Deb ever find out WTF was up with her dad and Dex's mom? Nope. Why? Because uh...Hey look over behind you! A three-headed monkey!! This also would explain why it seems that every season has repeatedly hit the reset button at the end of each season. "I can change! I can change! I can't change. I'm evil and bad. Stay tuned for next season!"

the key point is the writers admitted to a lot of filler because they needed to add more to the season to keep it as long as the episodes are because they had no idea when they were going to have deb find out which was their plan all along but never got a green light to do it. now they do, and I believe they will be back in top form now knowing they need to end the show right. I'm hoping they pull it together and can deliver something along the lines of season 2 with a monster like trinity and a good ending and not something that will let us down. i frankly don't want him dead or in jail since he is so happy being a father and wanting to be a better one which is the biggest change in him to which i think harrison will be his salvation to kill the dark passenger.

Because we do know small things, from what DP found out about the pants alone, that he will be sporting the 5.11's means he will be killing still. And that Louis will not be the big serial killer of the season so we know the miami metro crew will be going after another monster, but depending on how they make deb take the news of her brother being Lt. now she may let him be to a point and use him to do his own stalking of the killer since hes always done it before and gotten his man. We do know that she is now more open to things after Dexter told her things aren't so black and white, and she embraced that when she found out about Matthews and his dead hooker and let it go. its her therapist that scares me, ****in up Debs head big time, every season before it was clear Deb was not IN love with Dexter the way they talked to each other, like normal brother & sister stuff.

I read they had plans for Deb being in love with Dex since season 2, but finally touched on it this season. Also Deb wont figure everything out all at once. Shes peaked behind the curtain but doesnt know what Dexter truely is yet. Deb wont think her brothers a serial killer, just that he killed DDK a bad guy and will figure out more along the way. Although I would think the kill suit, blood slide, and kill tools scream I AM THE BAY HARBOR BUTCHER.

My thoughts exactly, the seran wrap....everything. I just thought it was funny in season 3 Dex starts killing with Miguel, when Miguel had previously told La Guerta that "maybe she felt Doakes was railroaded" but when I first ever watched that season I expected when Miguel calls Dex out how he thinks he had been killing for a while that he could not easily connect the dots, but i guess since Dexter was acting like he was only dumping bodies in the cemetery apparently he couldn't be the bay harbor butcher but miami metro then at one point had 2 serial killers under its roof as far as Miguel thought. I'm sure Dexter will spin a crazy story, and if what you say is true Kid A that they have wanted Deb in love with Dex since season 2 then maybe her love for him will blind her to believe what she hears. I guess my therapist being on La Guerta's side to **** Deb's mind up is incorrect now.

If you're writing for a big TV show you should never crap out on developing good material until you're getting near the end of something. I was upset with Season 5 and was wondering where the flare the story always has. Season 6 got better again, but I think that sucks that they admittedly didn't even try as hard to make a compelling story until now hearing they're doing 2 more seasons to vamp up on the writing. Best effort ALWAYS.

no they gave regardless of what everyone else says 6 great seasons, throwing a new scenario at Dexter that he hadn't faced before, but basically since the show was cast to be 12 episodes every season ofcourse some filler stuff had to be thrown in, the way I explained the interview and what i've heard about everything including season 7 i think i didn't explain it using proper wording. basically the filler ***** like the Santa Muerta stuff in season 5 basically just to add a bit of time to the series otherwise it wouldn't have been 12 episodes, I agree 100% that they should use their best efforts always, and in the cases of the filler areas at how sometimes they just dropped it all, ie: killed one of the santa muerta brothers and after that nothing happened and never found out what happened to the one that got away, that is stuff they shouldn't be doing, but more Dexter episodes is better than how some shows have less. But atleast we do know that they will be doing their best efforts 100% from now on, and odds are most likely won't need any filler, because season 5 was the first real season they did that. But still a great episode nontheless imo. Julia Styles brought a lot to that season. I could see why when Chases boys saw her they wanted to "Take it" i would have wanted to as well lol

The writers said to them Deb finding out was pretty much an end game which is why they never done it. I would also think Deb can connect Dex to the vigilantes in love. Chase and Travis should have same stab wound by same murder weapon, no?

Thats how it was put. Thank you kid a. and thus that reason of not having an end in site and having the full plot of the season taking place, it wasn't enough to make 12 episodes so some filler was needed. I thought the same thing last night when i remembered how Deb saw Chases body, and if she gets close enough to Dex in the church to see the knife in Travis's chest, how smart she is she will start to connect the dots. (i mean if she brings up something like this is how the butcher did his ritualistic killlings, Dex could say thats where he got the idea....? But Travis, leading back to vigilante lovers (while dex had a hot blonde living at his house while this was going on, and was gone after it was over) also leading back to Kyle Butler and the reason he took off to Nebraska when he heard about Trinity, all leading back to him being the Bay Harbor Butcher, and to top it off the reason why Brian got close to Deb. Like Dexter told her in season 4 after they raided the Mitchells house, that if he hadn't been in her life that all would have never happened. this is going to be very exciting imo. I am dying to know what the first words out of each others mouths are going to be at the start of the episode. gonna be an epic 2 seasons. just hope he doesn't end up dead. Not how i want to remember my favorite character of all time. especially when i rewatch the seasons, just to know, eh he dies in the end.

Im very excited to see Deb figure it all out as well. Hopefully by season 8 she knows the real deal that is Dexter Morgan. I think I'd be bummed too if Dex dies. I really really hope we get to see LeGuerta killed. Best season ever!

I'm excited to see a new "pace" set for the show now that Deb has seen behind the curtain so to speak.
It is certainly going to change the whole dynamic between their relationship and will make for some great episodes to come!
Touching on some of the failings the show has had in its run, I think it is safe to say that some of the weakest moments in the show revolve around characters and scenes that have nothing to do with Dexter and his dark passenger.
Not to say 90% of each episode needs to be devoted ONLY to Dexter - but I don't think anyone would mind as it is clear why the show is so popular and it's not because of the supporting casts' side stories...

Yup, exactly. Will be very interesting to see the way Deb takes all it since it's some one she has known all her life as her brother, which both looked up to their father Harry who taught Dexter all he knows. She now has witnessed what Miguel couldn't handle in the end, and what Lumen saw and eventually left when she no longer felt the darkness, and now Deb, the 3rd person to see blood on his hands.
And I too am on board with LaGuerta getting killed off, nothing but a evil power hungry beeyatch who will clearly run over any one who gets in her way. Plus she is just a character that needs to be gone period, i along with everyone else is tired of her. Even if she is not killed, if she does get the deputy chief position atleast we won't be seeing her as much since we rarely saw matthews. But then again she loves being in the limelight so she will still try to be in the middle of it all, and will definitely be giving Deb hell for everything and anything, that is if she doen't demote Deb from Lt. which she most likely will try the first chance she'll get or even try to fire her. also technically coming into this new season no one but Dexter & Deb know Travis Marshall is dead, so that investigation is still going to be taking place, unless Dexter convinces Deb to let him make it look like Travis killed himself in the end or something along those lines. Because at the end of the day in that episode the hunt for DDK was still on...and we will be picking up right where that left off. Damn lot of serial killing in miami this fictional year for Miami Metro since ofcourse there will be another killer this season.

i just hope they end this show with a realistic ending, ie, dex on death row , killed during arrest or flees the country and is on the run.......just please god no sopranos ending.....

something like the end of heat. that movie rocked and had a good ending.

i to have said they better not pull a soprano ending with this show. Definitely don't want him dead or in jail, maybe Deb gets him to leave the country before he is caught, and in the final few minutes of the show we see dexter in another country, leaving for work, saying bye for the day to harrison, working again for the police where ever he goes and we see him doing blood splatter research in his lab and comes across a blood match and we see dexter do that smile he does knowing he is about to go kill someone. i'd be happy with something like that, or even something big happens causing him to be rid of the dark passenger so he can raise his son. he managed to not get caught by frank lundy who always caught the killers he went after except Dexter and trinity as far as big serial killers went according to the show so we know he can easily beat the feds again.

Im sure you guys heard, any thoughts on Ray Stevenson to be a Russian leader of a crime syndicate in season 7?

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back