Dexter "Ritual" Kill Costume

Ronster

Thought it would be neat to be Dexter for Halloween! Unique, I know... :p

I need help creating the suit he wears when he actually kills people--not the tight green shirt with the cargo pants...
This one:
00260754-535941_295.jpg

dexter-305.jpg

Anyone have any other screens they could share to help ID some of this stuff?
Thanks!

re: Dexter "Ritual" Kill Costume

The apron and mask (as well as latex gloves and shoe covers) are easily found, the jumper was custom made as far as I know

Yes, the green jumpsuit was custom made for the show. The sleeves he wears, I haven't been able to find, but search for medical sleeve covers.

Usually he wears black boots, not shoe covers.

Screenshot2011-08-25at43514PM.png

Last edited:

Are the boots like rain boots? They almost look like Jedi boots, haha.
Any better shots of the jumpsuit itself? I'd like to get a better look at it so I can find something similar (like a flight suit or something) or to reference to make one...

Poked around a bit and found this screen capture of him with shoe covers instead of boots. It's been a bit since we watched the last season, so I can't remember which was more common.

20081027_dexter_250x375.jpg

ThinkGeek also sells Dexter's kill shirt for $25 USD.

Here's some pics. I have been looking forever and found out it is a custom made one. I'm guessing the sleeves are also.

vlcsnap-2011-06-18-23h53m58s221.png

vlcsnap-2011-04-30-22h39m32s42.png

vlcsnap-2011-06-18-22h00m38s65-1.png

vlcsnap-2011-06-18-23h53m58s221-1.png

vlcsnap-2011-07-04-18h34m27s9.png

vlcsnap-2011-08-27-15h29m50s46-1.png

You make one, I want one!

Last edited:
My girlfriend (who is a professional seamstress) saw this thread, found and ordered the fabric for this last night. If anyone is interested in having her make one PM me and I'll pass along the info to her.

What kind of fabric? Seems thin from the screens...
From the screen shots, my girlfriend says it's a polyester/cotton poplin blend. The same type of fabric used for a parasuit (not to be confused with a parachute). We just ordered a bolt of it. I'll let you know if it's the right stuff when it shows up (though she is rarely wrong about things related to the world of sewing).

Talk to RPFer "DarkPassanger" - he's got a handle on anything Dexter.

I found out from my contact in wardrobe that the jumpsuits were custom made. I'm guessing the sleeves are custom too.

From the screen shots, my girlfriend says it's a polyester/cotton poplin blend. The same type of fabric used for a parasuit (not to be confused with a parachute). We just ordered a bolt of it. I'll let you know if it's the right stuff when it shows up (though she is rarely wrong about things related to the world of sewing).

Getting a jumpsuit done will make me cry with joy. :cry :thumbsup

I found out from my contact in wardrobe that the jumpsuits were custom made. I'm guessing the sleeves are custom too.

Getting a jumpsuit done will make me cry with joy. :cry :thumbsup

Better get your tear ducts in training cause it's only a matter of time. :love

Better get your tear ducts in training cause it's only a matter of time. :love

:cry:cry:cry:cry

Here are some additional screens from the Season 6 Promo. I'll be gathering more screens over the week. Work really does get in the way of everything I want to do.

Screenshot2011-09-11at72113PM.png

Shows the stitching on the sleeve pretty well.
Screenshot2011-09-11at72156PM.png

The fabric we ordered showed up today. However, the color is totally wrong for the "Kill Suit". :cry The fabric that was shipped to me is an olive brown. I will get in touch with them as soon as I can to see if they can get the proper color on the way. And if not, I'll track it down elsewhere. So yeah, it's a small bump in the road but we'll get there. Hang in there guys.

Hi all. So i'm the seamstress girlfriend. And I was checking out these reference photos (great pics BTW):thumbsup And I realized by the different shots that one of the photos shows the kill suit in a lighter green with lighter Khaki sleeves. The other is a darker green with an almost a darker tan-ish sleeve... Soooo... I am thinking there are different outfits he wears! Maybe?... :confused I bought a few different colors of fabric for the sleeves, so we are covered there! And I ordered a different green through a different supplier, so cross your fingers and pray to the fabric gods it is the right shade this time :) And don't worry the olive green will not go to waste, it will be perfect for the Amber costume from Sucker Punch I want to make!!! :lol:lol:lol

Great news Seamstress Girlfriend!

I always thought the sleeves were a light greyish color. I think maybe the kill suit is a light green but just appears darker because of the lighting in the Kill Room. Kind of like how Michael Myers coveralls were Spruce Green in the 1978 movie but appeared Dark Blue in the night shots.

Great news Seamstress Girlfriend!

I always thought the sleeves were a light greyish color. I think maybe the kill suit is a light green but just appears darker because of the lighting in the Kill Room. Kind of like how Michael Myers coveralls were Spruce Green in the 1978 movie but appeared Dark Blue in the night shots.

It looks like the exact opposite to me. The lighter color "Kill Suit" and sleeves are from the kill room. The darker ones are from the Season 6 trailer in the church (with the better light). :confused Check out the pics posted up earlier in this page and I think you'll see what I mean.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back