Dexter: Reasons He Should Have Been Caught By Now

MelMWells

You know, I really have to agree with a lot of these. It's so true that he's surrounded by investigators on a daily basis and has been caught in SO many awkward situations and yet, they still don't realize that he's a killer. It's just a little unbelievable...

Dexter Season 6 - Dexter - UGO.com

Season 5 had a lot of loose ends for Dexter.

- Bathroom kill in episode 1.

- Dexter staying in the room next to Cole Harmon.

- Dexter and Boyd Fowler being in the hospital together. The medics didn't check their IDs and check them into the hospital? There's no record?

- Jordan Chase's cell records would show an incoming call from Dexter moments before he disappeared (when Chase was Killed).

- Quinn. He knows Dexter killed Liddy. He has to or he is one big dummy.

- Emily Birch's crime scene. Dexter was walking and flopping around the whole scene. Phone records between Lumen and Emily, and Lumen and Dexter.

- The red car that Dexter crashes at Camp Jordan. He stole it from the lot by Liddy's crime scene and smashed it at Camp Jordan, which would be crawling with cops in an hour (according to Deb). There's no link to Liddy's crime scene, Camp Jordan, and the car?

- Using his real name to call county records and look up Eugene Greer property holdings to find Camp Jordan.

-Lumen. I can't believe Deb didn't figure out she was #13 and Ddxter was helping her. She was staring it right in the face. Dexter did say his sister has a blind spot when it comes to him.

IMO, this season had the most loose ends. Most season do, but this one is the worst as far as loose ends. I enjoyed the hell out of it though!

Yeah, I was convinced they were going to catch him in season 5. He just got really sloppy, which is what Harry always told him would get him caught. It is inevitable that his trying to become more human makes him worse at killing, and that makes a lot of sense, but at a certain point they have to have that come back to bite him. He wants to have his cake and eat it, too - be a cold-blooded serial killer and a family man without getting caught.

I actually think the show could survive at least one season after he gets caught. It would be interesting to see how everyone deals with it - particularly Deb (at least it might offer her some much-needed depth).

deb should be the one to catch him too. last season I really thought they were going to do it, dex was sort of priming her up to it, then she was there during the cleanup and I thought that was it

I totally agree with DarkPassenger here. There were so many "loose ends" and sloppy writing in season 5. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed season 5. However, every time I saw one of these moments DarkPassenger mentioned, I kept waiting for it to come around and bite our lovable Dex right in his rear end. And then when it never did, it kinda took me out of that "suspension of disbelief" that the writers were so good at creating during the first four seasons. I really hope the writers step it up a notch in season 6.

Season 5 had a lot of loose ends for Dexter.

- Bathroom kill in episode 1.

- Dexter staying in the room next to Cole Harmon.

- Dexter and Boyd Fowler being in the hospital together. The medics didn't check their IDs and check them into the hospital? There's no record?

- Jordan Chase's cell records would show an incoming call from Dexter moments before he disappeared (when Chase was Killed).

- Quinn. He knows Dexter killed Liddy. He has to or he is one big dummy.

- Emily Birch's crime scene. Dexter was walking and flopping around the whole scene. Phone records between Lumen and Emily, and Lumen and Dexter.

- The red car that Dexter crashes at Camp Jordan. He stole it from the lot by Liddy's crime scene and smashed it at Camp Jordan, which would be crawling with cops in an hour (according to Deb). There's no link to Liddy's crime scene, Camp Jordan, and the car?

- Using his real name to call county records and look up Eugene Greer property holdings to find Camp Jordan.

-Lumen. I can't believe Deb didn't figure out she was #13 and Ddxter was helping her. She was staring it right in the face. Dexter did say his sister has a blind spot when it comes to him.

IMO, this season had the most loose ends. Most season do, but this one is the worst as far as loose ends. I enjoyed the hell out of it though!

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back