Dewy and Anakin Starkiller's Accurate Obi-Wan Kenobi Episode 1 Lightsaber Design

Dewy

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
incredible work! I had no idea about the machining around the neck transitions...

It's incredibly difficult to take a good picture of the neck details so I made a quick cartoon with some of the features exaggerated to be more obvious:

Capture.PNG

thd9791

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
funny that means that they machined the neck after the shroud.... or at least realized they needed a bit more clearance and went back.

the Hoth DL-44 blaster has an interruption in the flash hider bevel. It interrupts and starts at a different angle actually, really messed up. this is at least parallel lol

Eruonen

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
It’s gorgeous. I really love the PT design aesthetic.

RE: The angled emitter plate. I can’t remember if it’s been said, but what’s the timeline on that? Made wonky? Damaged before principle photography, during principle, after principle?
I guess my main question is which way is screen accurate, or is it both?

Anakin Starkiller

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
It’s gorgeous. I really love the PT design aesthetic.

RE: The angled emitter plate. I can’t remember if it’s been said, but what’s the timeline on that? Made wonky? Damaged before principle photography, during principle, after principle?
I guess my main question is which way is screen accurate, or is it both?
All the resin castings have the offset emitter, but do not have the pommel damage. So, it had to be early

thd9791

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
This saber will not be built around a threaded rod. While that was the original intent, we decided that the only way to get everything positioned and clocked exactly as it is in the model (that I spent so many hours perspective matching and tweaking) was to have a precision machined solid “core”. If you notice in the exploded view I posted a few weeks ago there is a duplicate silver cylindrical part in the emitter. Our hope is to have this saber be buildable in two versions: one with the emitter bezel off center and at a slight angle (as is seen in our reference photos), and one with the emitter bezel centered and flat as it probably was when the prop was first built.
Im sorry I asked this twice and you’ve already answered me lol

Very excited for this.

I forgot that these beveled rings were just that, with a little flange. Maybe glued to the steel plate and we’re able to be knocked loose. Unless there’s info suggesting it was a plate, sandwiched against the resin emitter section?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.