Devon Faries

Chaank

Sr Member
In response to Mr OdiWan72 and The Schlitzie.

These are my preserved and mounted Faeries. I've done my best to remove most of the dirt and decomposed skin while trying to keep them as much as possible in the condition in which they were found.

Enjoy:)

18288-dscn5040.jpg
18281-dscn4478.jpg
18280-dscn4832.jpg

Hi Chris. Thank dude. Sorry I had the album on private until I shot the last one. They should show now I hope.:facepalm

that one on the far right looks extra slimy! I found some great little seed pods that look just like insect wings. I can remember what tree they're from...a magnolia maybe. I love the way they look framed,still gotta try it. I think a dissection displayed one would look cool.

Oh yeah a dissection is a great idea. I've never really gone for any detail in any of these because they are strictly for a market I do. It takes long enough to paint and seal the leaves but I am planing to do one one day for myself. I'm really into the museum/antiquarian look at the moment. One of my larger builds is a fiji mermaid. I having a bit of trouble finding a monkey to use but I have enough on at the mo. Christmas is a crazy busy time.

Cheers Schlitzie

I know the original plates and two of the cameras used are on display in the National Media Museum in Bradford,but since you're a heck of alot closer to the area than me,if real ones of these were around I wonder which museum they'd be on display in? I'd love to make up some more accurate museum labels for my collection pieces.

Yeah, there is a witchcraft museum near here too I've been meaning to take a trip to. I've been here two year and really haven't got round much at all. I'll let you know if I pop up that way. There is a couple of books about these out as well which could be cool to check out. I got a copy of the Joe cooper hard cover on Amazon yesterday just for interest sake. I'm sure there'll be a few extra bits of info in them. Everything I've seen on the web is just a re-hash of the wiki article.
I love the bell jar you used for the goblin. They are hard to get here.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back