DEVASTATOR STAR DESTROYER 1/300

GEEK1138

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Ok, so some people were wondering what I was gonna build after the 1/6 Slave 1 and Falcon...well it might not be the very next build but this puppy is definitely on the table for a large replica. Obviously not 1/6 but most likely 1/300 which gives us a 5m (15 foot) craft.
The opening shot of ANH is THE scene that blew most peoples minds and made everyone, including me, fall in love with Star Wars. So it has to be the Devastator.
The intention, as before, is to digitally model the whole ship and all the kit parts and scale to size. The hull and superstructure will be laser cut marine ply/MDF and the greeblies resin/FDM printed.
Big thank you to the legend that is, Sean Sides and his peerless Devastator SS build, for his help and refs so far

So, lets start with some renders of stuff I've got done...started at the top
ANTENNA
antenna (2).png

antenna1 (2).png

MAIN ENGINE
engine (2).png

SUBLIGHT ENGINE
sublight engine (2).png

NECK
neck (2).png

BRIDGE
bridge (2).png

bridge1 (2).png

I'll post progress pics as I continue to model out the whole ship...

Cheers guys...yeah 15' is a bit weeny but we don't have the width to go any bigger

Done some more modelling...

Cannons
guns (2).png

Superstructure
wip1 (2).png

Engine bay...WIP
engine bay1 (2).png

I wonder what the most used kit in OT models was?...certainly on the ISD I would say the Bandai 1/48 Panther G...but in general, the Sealab and Rad8 have gotta be up there too

Wow another crazy project! Are you just going to upscale the scale model and keep the same amount of detail, or are you going to add more?

Wow another crazy project! Are you just going to upscale the scale model and keep the same amount of detail, or are you going to add more?
Thanks...will wait and see how she feels when all is built and detailed...with all the scribe lines and greeblies I reckon it will be busy enough, certainly that was the case with the 1/6 Falcon

Bit more of the beastie modelled...
Back elevation done
back view (2).png

superstructure port side panels
sideshot (2).png

sideshot2 (2).png

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back