Deus Ex: The Mechanical Apartheid

The Mad Professor

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
So they're coming out with a new Deus Ex game subtitles Mankind Divided.

Normally, I wouldn't care enough to post, as I don't really play video games, but then I saw this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWVHQ3tnR_8 (Linked because the video may be a bit questionable)

This video was absolutely brilliantly done and made me cry.

I might actually play the game now.

This is the one special edition I'm splurging for this year. They had some really good live action trailers for the first one too.

I never got into video games until my mid-late thirties. My first game was resident evil 4. I discovered, after the fact, that it is one of the benchmarks for shooter video games. For a video game to be epic, it has to have game play, draw in the player, tell a good story bla bla bla. This little $4 game sucked me in for days on end. That was the start. As a full grown adult, I was thinking, 'Im getting weeks of entertianment for $4 bucks???"

I have The first Duex Ex on PS3. Its one of my 'top tier' games along with the Uncharted Series, Bioshoshock and Crysis. The First Deus Ex totally sucked me in with its smart story line, etc. Its a little bit of open world but not enough to get lost. I woudl give ti a 10/10 in a second.

Looking forward to the new Deus Ex title big time. And Im waiting to get Doom until my next long trip. Nothing like killing time with a good video game while on the road.

Edit....I actually watched the Op's link. Not exactly a true trailer...... Its a good trailer for a real life movie, but the video game is a lot more gritter, dark and centered around Adam, the lead character. In the original game, you are Adam (an augmented super spy/ hired security etc) and get to make many choices in game play that affect the outcome, including how the world continues after the big boss fight..

Last edited:
I'm interested to see if they're going to make these games fit the canon of the old ps2 era Deus Ex or if they're rewriting everything from the ground up after this to match the new Jensen era events.

There are several actual gameplay demos out there as well, but I think that the trailer linked will have footage seen in intro and outros of the game.

The developers have incorporated new elements, controls and weapons into Mankind Divided that remind me a lot of other games out there, especially of Dishonoured.
I am afraid that those things maybe could make Jensen a bit too powerful in comparison to previous games, and it would make the franchise lose what makes Deus Ex feel like a Deus Ex game in its gameplay.

This is the one game I can't wait for this year. The last game was great. It looks like they might be either going with one canon ending (for HR) or a combination, I can't tell. I just hope they listened and you can play however you want like in the original Deus Ex. In HR you were forced to play a non lethal game if you wanted all the perks.

I did, unfortunately. Why make something super cool like being able to bash through a wall and kill someone on the other side, but penalize the player for it?!

I did, unfortunately. Why make something super cool like being able to bash through a wall and kill someone on the other side, but penalize the player for it?!

To paraphrase Ian Malcolm: "Cyberneticists were so preoccupied with whether they could that they never stopped to think whether or not they should."

I agree they should have given you a choice when doing a take down like that for it to be lethal or non-lethal. I actually have this game on the 360 and wii and I love the wii u version better, the touch pad is so nice for hacking and doing inventory.

I'm interested to see if they're going to make these games fit the canon of the old ps2 era Deus Ex or if they're rewriting everything from the ground up after this to match the new Jensen era events.

From what I seen it picks up after the first one where earth has been divided in to Aug and non Aug. Us vs them.

Yeah i was just wondering as Human revolution was actually a prequel to the original Ps2 game. I think they're going to do their best to fill in gaps in storyline and go from there. Honestly the Adam Jensen games are far more entertaining than the original where you have nano-machine augments.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back