Deus Ex:HR - Picus Daily Standard

Discussion in 'Replica Props' started by toon2, Oct 30, 2011.

1. toon2

toon2 New Member

Well, I love the new deus ex game and the gadgets in it, especially Picus Daily Standard "newspaper", so I decided to make a replica newspaper.
    The problem is the resolution of the existing screenshots is to low, so I made a hi-res picture in photoshop. Now I have a new "problem". Some words i can't recognize :angry

HERE you have the file if you wish to make a PDS prop, or you can add the missing bits and upload it here :) HERE you have the original screenshot

So, my plan is to print it on a backlit foil and put it between LED stripes glued on a forex board, and plexiglass...

2. Zeis

Zeis New Member

The easiest way to figure out the words you're missing is writing the devs an email. I wrote an E-Mail to DICE, requesting Faith's Tattoo from Mirror's Edge because for one, I freakishly love the design and two, I want(ed) to get it tattoo'd on me.

2 weeks later, I got a reply with kind regards from one of the art guys there and attached in the E-Mail was the high-res tattoo in PNG format.

Just write them, explain to them what you're building and keep it short, stay humble and you shouldn't have a problem getting a high-res screenshot from them.

3. NAZGÛL

NAZGÛL Sr Member

I also love the game designs in the game. Great project! :thumbsup

4. toon2

toon2 New Member

@Zeis: Thank's for the advice, mail send :)

@NAZGÛL: one of the best in-game world designs, they folowed a clear line and they executed it perfectly, thanks :)