Destiny Warlock Costume WIP

Discussion in 'Replica Costumes' started by Tom Walker, Aug 31, 2015.

1. Tom Walker

Tom Walker Active Member

Hi All!

It's been a while since i posted on here, so here's my current project! :)

It was originally going to be just a helmet build, but i though it would be fun to have a swing at a full costume.

[​IMG]

I'm basing my build mostly on the image above, changing a few of the colours but staying with the style.

So anyways...

Here is the helmet. it's scratch built from card, resin, fiberglass, filler etc.

[​IMG]

I fabricated the forehead detail out of mild steel plate and rod, welded together and attached to the helmet.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

For the visor i used some black tinted perspex. After i found that fogging was an issue, i cut out some sections either side of the visor and added some mesh. (seen in the last picture) This gives me more peripheral vision and lets air flow out, to cut down fogging.

The next big part of the costume is the coat...

I really liked Star Lord's trench coat in Guardians Of The Galaxy so i thought a burgundy coat would look pretty cool. So I decided to go with a coat similar to the Warlock's coat in the live action Destiny trailer.

[​IMG]

After some searching i found this steal on Ebay... £7!!

As it wasn't a full length trench coat i had to find some matching fabric to extend it.

I did various alterations: removing the hood, adding a collar, shortening the sleeves and many other little adjustments.

it was quite a thin coat so i thought i'd beef it up with some quilted lining, all made from scratch!

[​IMG]

This jacket was a real test of my sewing ability haha!

Here's me modeling the finished coat... Kinda feels like something Dracula would wear. :p

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

For the shoulder pad that goes on the coat, i was feeling pretty lazy and didn't want to build one from scratch... So i cheated a bit and took a casting from the back of an Iron Man helmet.

[​IMG]

I then began cutting it into a more shoulder pad like shape. it's not 100% accurate to the images i'm working from, but looks pretty neat if you ask me. ;)

Next is to paint the shoulder and attach to the coat...

More progress to come soon!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 31, 2015
  2. Tom Walker

Tom Walker Active Member

Shoulder pad painted! might have OD'd on the weathering... but i'm still happy with it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Added some clips so it can easily be attached to the coat.

Next main part... Utility belt. (somewhere to store my motes of light and strange coins!)

[​IMG]

Used a really simple and effective technique of wrapping some EVA foam in leather, that i stitched some belt loops onto.

[​IMG]

Found some ex-army ammo pouches on Ebay (another great find!) and ran an old belt through the lot.

I'm going to replace the belt i used with a better one (most likely a leather one) at a later date.

Think i'm going to tackle a neck seal of some sort next... should be interesting!

Let me know what you guy's think so far! :D

Attached Files:

3. Tom Walker

Tom Walker Active Member

Made a start on my ghost! :D

[​IMG]

It's made from 1mm foamex and filler.

I plan on taking a mold off of it and casting a few to paint in various colours.

Attached Files:

4. DaftRckr

DaftRckr New Member

I'm starting on my build too :D hopefully i get into making the coat soon, How were you able to find the right coat? does it seem too heavy? also great idea on clipping the shoulder pieces that was brilliant. Im currently looking at making that harder part of my build, going for my version of the daft punk/Destiny concept with nothing manacles.