Destiny "The Devil You Know", "Lord High Fixer"

The Schlitzie

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey guys! I haven't really posted much of the stuff I've been working on lately, so I'll start off with these handcannons from the video game Destiny. They were 3d printed (from Kirby Downey's model). I had a lot of fun with these and got a bit out of my comfort zone and learned a few things to boot! Lemme know what ya think.

20170721_173920.jpg20170721_174019.jpg20170721_173942.jpg

I recently finished a commission for the legendary hand cannon "Lord High Fixer". It's pretty similar to the other 3d file. Both are from Kirby.

20170915_152649.jpg20170915_152731.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Destiny handcannon "The Devil You Know"

That's a great idea! I didn't design the 3d files myself though. But I suppose I could have sliced it in half and hollowed it out.

Then you have hollow the model out so you can build it around a toy or airsoft gun ;)

The Schlitzie I was just about to mention an airsoft version of the hand cannon as I attempted this myself on TheRPF! If you did do that, 3D modelling the parts around an existing airsoft gun would work great!

Oh, and your hand cannons turned out really nice ;) nice job.

Last edited by a moderator:

I had to check out your thread. That's some great fabricating. How did that project turn out?

@The Schlitzie I was just about to mention an airsoft version of the hand cannon as I attempted this myself on TheRPF! If you did do that, 3D modelling the parts around an existing airsoft gun would work great!

Oh, and your hand cannons turned out really nice ;) nice job.

I had to check out your thread. That's some great fabricating. How did that project turn out?

Thanks for asking! I learned a lot during that build and after the last post back in 2015, I actually ended up finishing the gun and it worked! However I wasn't happy with how the barrel adapted to the airsoft gun as the fitting was dodgy, so I never posted on it. Since then, I've got into 3D modelling and I've been modelling the front end in my spare time (and other small parts I never made) so it will fit perfectly and now that I have access to an SLS Nylon 3D printer, I'll be printing that when I can afford to :lol

Needless to say, I'm pretty excited to revamp the gun and get it to a complete state that I like :lol I'll even post it on my old thread if/when I do.

Hey Zander, I remember seeing Bill Doran convert one of your kits in one of his videos. I think he used your approach and also added a bearing so you could spin the cylinder. I just remember cringing so bad when he hacked the kit in half, hehe! I forgot to credit Kirby in the first post, bad form on my part (fixed that).

I like the scale of your kit, this one ended up at around 12 inches and I thought they were supposed to be closer to around 15. Kirby's Thorn that I built up is massive in comparison.
20170611_144356.jpg

By the way, are you planning on making any Destiny 2 handcannons?

Cool! I think that's Kirby Downey's model. If you want a more robust swingarm mechanism, I'd recommend casting the swingarm, pin, etc. and then drilling pinning yourself. I have a conversion here, that I use on my resin kits. Might give you some ideas. http://zprops.blogspot.com/2015/02/destiny-handcannon-reload-conversion.html

Last edited:

Your attachment isn't working :(

Yeah, some of these guns have to be hacked or made in two parts. There's really no other way to drill a long, consistent hole for a sturdy steel pin. Yep, I think Bill used a skateboard bearing on his. My hand cannons still have a rotating cylinder, it just doesn't spin freely on a bearing or something. I think I scaled mine to around 13.5 inches long. 15 was just too big. I've found for Destiny hand cannons, 87% of the in game size seems to be the magic number.

I'm planning on the Better Devils hand cannon, and there's also another blue Suros one that we've barely seen anything of that looks really cool. Hopefully I'll start the Better Devils this week! How bout you? I know a few people already planning the sun shot.

zanderwitaz - I really like the look of that Sunshot. I was eyeballing the Deathstalker Au and a few of those other guns with the long knurled threaded barrels.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back