Destiny sidearm ~ Trespasser ~

canister

Hi Guys

After watching punished props youtube channel I started thinking about what I could make, first thing that came to mind was the Ace of spades, So I made the chamber and slug along with a sketch of the gun. Then I found that the Ace of spades has be made already by Lael lee.

So after some more digging and looking around I figured I would make the trespasser sidearm, reasons for making this are;

*Getting to know the 3d printer.
* To learn fusion 360.
* The Trespasser sidearm is not too tricky mostly square edges and easy-ish shapes.
* The Trespasser sidearm has not been modeled that I have found.

After spending some time looking a videos and getting to grips with fusion 360, I got a few reference images and the stl files from destinystl.com and started with some easier stuff. Im totally worried/concered about modeling the rounds of the handle. Anyway heres a pic of the gun and what I got so far.

The Trespasser
destiny_rise_of_iron_new_weapons_trespasser.jpg

So on the the exciting stuff, models. Nothing printed yet.

I have modeled the hand grip pattern.
handel_pattern.png

The barrel guards.
RsideBarrelCover_Reparied.png

Last edited:
I have compleated the barrel part and added a peg and tab for alignment to the chamber part, tomorrow will be the chamber modeling but I stayed up way to late so will be a not too late a night. I have Ideas about putting a spring in the cylinder of the chamber. So it will snap back to place and pretend to load it.

A little help with Magnets, what size Magnets would you recomend for the magazine? (so I can make it seperate and slide it in and out)
Is .4mm enough for a tidy fit?
I can get D8mmx3mm I figure they are about the right size, the magazine is top is 18mmx30mm

Whole_Barrel_Combined-1_repaired_backangle.pngWhole_Barrel_Combined-1sideview.pngWhole_Barrel_Combined-1_metal.png

Happy days.
P.S.
Will have a go at printing the barrel soon.

Last edited:
I'm gonna be following this one for sure. Any moving parts planned? Also, I took a crack at the ace of spades a while ago. Its my favorite exotic.

DSCN2702.JPG

Legend! thanks for the tips on spacing Lael

Far out thats a great finishing there Zander, Cade would be proud!
Are they about 15inch?
I currently have this at a touch under 13inch and printing.

Moving Parts YES. . . .There is a pin on the side of the chamber that is screaming moving part, also the back of the sidearm looks as though you can pull it to cock it. So what Im imagining is a rod that goes from the back greeble through the chamber housing and attached to the pin, looking at the pics and destinystl file there are some cools parts that would be awesome to slide back and forth. All this comes from what I see from the ref pics and a 1/4 speed video clip of a reload of the gun on youtube.

So I could not get the barrel to print in its entire lenght kept breaking free from the raft at the base. So I have split it into 3 so it will print. In the mean time I printed the magazine and added 2 holes for cylinder magnets (8x3mm) to clip to the handle when slid up.

for the glams I better get something better than the phone camera!

Printing the magazine.
magazine.jpg

5min epoxy and clamped together.

magazine_glue.jpg

Spray Primed with plastic filler, needs some real filler for the joint . . . I did have an after thought, I have not made a prop with a magnatised magazine should I put a magnet on the side to connect as it slides up or is that over kill?
primed magazine.jpg

Failed prints of barrel, the small one was a classic pet fail, my dog curled up under the desk and sat keeping my feel warm and lent on the cable and pulled it from the usb socket, I couldnt work out why it had stopped the others had made a decent noise as the extruder crunched the print. something is out of alignment when I get past about 100mm its not quite right.
missprints.jpg
On the UPside I have increased the size of the little rectangles on the sides to 1.8mm long from 1mm, pulled the barrel guard all the way to the back of the barrel, in the pic there is a slight gap but I figure I just wont fill the joint and just tidy the line up. Then made the lower rounded rectangle slightly smaller.

Happy days.

Last edited:
Looking great!!

As for the magnets (if you're using 8mmx4mm (and your magazine is under 50% infill) I'd just make slots for 2 on each side of the top surface; I use 6mmx2mm and could get away with 4 on each in the same setup, and yours would pull a lot more. I also add a couple of extra slots to be safe if there's space, then glue a couple of magnets-test-repeat until everything holds the way I want it to. If there are extra holes I just fill those. Unless the magazine is a really loose fit (like it can jiggle around), I would not use side magnets either, then you don't have obvious magnets on the side of the magazine either.

It's looking great! Word of advice too, when you get to installing magnets, this probably sounds obvious but TRIPLE-CHECK the polarity of adjacent magnets before gluing them in. :) It is super-easy to glue a magnet in backwards, so you'll have one magnet trying to pull your mag in while a flipped one is pushing it away. I have done this a ton of times, and it sucks having to pry out a glued magnet that is backwards. Good luck!

Success with printing the barrel, scaled down to 80% to check all is good. Going to change a few things to make then look a bit better like size of holes in the recessed part in the middle, they feel a bit small. Increase the size of the iron sights.

I havent glued it together but the .4 size for the joint worked well for the hex but the bottom tab was a nightmare to get the support out of so will change that size too. A good learnign experince.

barrel.jpg

Chamber and slug for ace of spades quite pleased with the spade on top of slug, was thinging about what I could put on the magazine for the trespasser something Shiro4 related (maker of the sidearm).
chamberandslug.jpg

Happy days.

Last edited:
Oddly enough I just bought it off Xur today. It's by far the best looking sidearm and even looks better than the hand cannons.

I really like it too Wes, Its something different ay. I bet there will be heaps playing pvp with it now. I had a lot of fun with it in Iron Banana, getting those shotgunners as they run towards you. Put a smile on my dial.

I really like it too Wes, Its something different ay. I bet there will be heaps playing pvp with it now. I had a lot of fun with it in Iron Banana, getting those shotgunners as they run towards you. Put a smile on my dial.

just a little side step after my buddy recalibrated the printer . . .I should be able to print to a max of 210mm now so will test it soon with the barrel of the tresspasser. just for a trail I printed thermal detonator. Thanks Oubliette.net for the files
detonator.jpg

Needs plenty more sanding and filler but came up quite nice.

Last edited:
Interesting looking pistol, but I'm wondering how the heck does it feed cartridges? I'm assuming the mag goes into the grip well, but that open chamber looks less than practical nor functional.

I think most of the guns in Destiny are energy weapons, aren't they? I know a few of the "revolvers" just have an energy cell where the cylinder would be on a firearm.

Maybe that's just an energy cell at the rear of the pistol.

Yup, the majority of the Destiny revolvers accept energy 'cells', just one in the cylinder. Technically those revolver cylinders have no reason to spin :)

5qi1iutq5l5ycgj4g.png

Yeah, I was talking about that to a friend also, This magazine holds Arc energy (3 types of energy in destiny Solar, Void, Arc) so some how that flows up into the chamber and is fired. So there is no bullet that moves from the magazine to the chamber.

Finished a scond magazine printed at full size, funny you guys talked about energy cells as I have added in 2 cut outs with cylinders inside for some object source lighting (using paint to create an illusion of light).

kept the magnets at the top as Lael suggested and kept the visible part of the magazine the same as the art work. I did increase the depth of the recessed parts buy .5mm just to give it a little more substance. I tried to angle it so you can see the cylinders in to 2 cut outs and the slight increase to the depth.
close upmmagazine.jpg
In the next few hours Im going to start printing a new full size barrel. Im expecting it to fail if I print it whole just because its so long and thin so have also sliced it into 2 parts I knida want to try do it all in one go but I just dont think it will work. What have other people found when printing tall thin pieces?

Attachments

• magazine (2).jpg
    magazine (2).jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 223
If the barrel will print in one piece standing up, I would do it without a doubt. Less parts and less seams is always great, but more importantly the piece looks really straightforward without any crazy features (large overhangs/incuts,etc).

Looking great!

So its been a while . . .The print almost made it to the very top so I printed the last 20mm and will glue that on.
Printed Barrel.jpg.jpg
And I have started printing a E22 the heavy blaster that the Shore Troopers use.
blaster.jpg
I have been Drawn into the hype on Rogue one and been working on a Helmet over here.
rogue one helmetonly.jpgrogue one rebel helmet v6Angle.png

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back