Designing My Pred

Toska

I have started the process of designing my pred, so once I start work on my suit I have some definite guidlines to follow.
I am going for a little more 'low tech' pred I suppose you would call it. I recently started experimenting with working with leather and I have done some reasearch into making leather armour and I think it looks awesome so I have deceided I am going with predominantly leather armour accented with brass rather than the normal silver. I also want to accent him with alot of bones, skulls and perhaps furs (taxidermy is another hobby of mine)

Heres my prelininary idea for skin and armour design.
preddesign.jpg

The armour is based on varios bits and pieces of 'Predators' concept art and the skin pattern is based on P2 but with a bit of the P1 spotting but it is all subject to change as the character evolves.

This guy doesnt have a name yet so I am open to suggestions. I was thinking mayby Tribal predator because of his low tech-ed-ness but I dunno yet.

Looking at the armour ideas and coupled with the leather makes me immediately think of a gladiator in the Roman times. A Predator lost on earth and stripped of his 'tech' the only place to hunt is the coluseum. A bio designed for hand to hand combat and also to hide his face from the world lest they find out his true origins.

This guy doesnt have a name yet so I am open to suggestions. I was thinking mayby Tribal predator because of his low tech-ed-ness but I dunno yet.

Being that 'Tribal' Is widely used to describe a lot of "PREDATOR creature/characters" I would think of naming him something that he is about and what type of 'hunter' he is.

Say he is self sustaing and is more of a loner, you could name him something along the lines of 'Lobo Blood PREDATOR' (just for example). See what I am saying? Incorporate what he is about with what type of "class" he is.
This is just my way of naming them. I wished their word glossary was more explored and had a huge following like the Trekkies have with their Klingon.

I had the same Idea!! doing leather only armout, and only bare minimum.. going to be really great to see how it turns out!! Will be keeping an eye out on here lol.
Cheers, good luck!

Looking at the armour ideas and coupled with the leather makes me immediately think of a gladiator in the Roman times. A Predator lost on earth and stripped of his 'tech' the only place to hunt is the coluseum. A bio designed for hand to hand combat and also to hide his face from the world lest they find out his true origins.

Now that you mention it he does look rather gladiator-esque. I may have to explore that idea a bit more.

Anyways heres a quick WIP of a pic I am working on at the moment. I am not sure about the head design it just sorta happened like that as I was sketching, except for the head scales they are based on my blue tongue lizards head. I think I might want something a bit more P2ish
predattack.jpg

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back