Design program for free?

Conook

Anyone have a preferred free program for doing graphic design? I used Adobe for many years but find my version from 2010 is outdated and I am just finding it hard to justify purchasing a monthly subscription. I prefer to purchase a program and "Own it".

Thanks for any suggestions.

Anyone have a preferred free program for doing graphic design? I used Adobe for many years but find my version from 2010 is outdated and I am just finding it hard to justify purchasing a monthly subscription. I prefer to purchase a program and "Own it".

Thanks for any suggestions.

You could try using Gimp.

If you are a college student, you can get most if not all of the autodesk programs for free on an educational license
Unfortunately I haven't been a student in far to many years....Let me put it to you this way. I started working on Autocad version 1.0

Might be a good excuse to go back to school.

I have heard of gimp and will go check it out. Is it anything like illustrator or more like Photoshop?

I am at work now and cannot download it here otherwise I would check it out now. haha

Thanks for the suggestion

What version is that? CS? CS2?

Anyways.. do you find yourself NEEDING some new feature of a newer version of Photoshop or something?

Maybe try out GIMP?

** (oops see what happens when you forget to hit POST REPLY) LOL

What version is that? CS? CS2?

Anyways.. do you find yourself NEEDING some new feature of a newer version of Photoshop or something?

Maybe try out GIMP?

** (oops see what happens when you forget to hit POST REPLY) LOL
I would have to look at my old discs but I am pretty sure it was CS2. I still have it but haven't loaded it onto my new computer. I like the idea of learning a new program. I want to play around and make a Cartoon inspired Popeye spinach can with the cartoon graphic style. I also want to do some fun magazine covers and other media stuff that i find fun.

It's not free, but Affinity Designer is an affordable vector design program. They have desktop ($50) and iOS ($20) versions.

One time purchase price - no subscription nonsense.

Sean

It's not free, but Affinity Designer is an affordable vector design program. They have desktop ($50) and iOS ($20) versions.

One time purchase price - no subscription nonsense.

Sean
Thats a good option because I dont mind paying for a program to own it. I may just do that. I looked at Gimp and it just seemed to be holding back potential. I just need to learn the interface. with Illustrator I can zoom around with no issues.

I want to learn more then one platform so I am more versatile.

Thanks for the suggestion.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back