Dericrw's TMNT 2013 Halloween Costume Contest Entry

Dericrw

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
ENTRY FOR MALE IN COSTUME

:ninja:ninjaTeenage Mutant Ninja Turtles:ninja:ninja

ABOUT
Last year I decided to attempt a TMNT costume and went with my personal favorite MIKEY! But for this year I had to finish the entire crew. 3x the work in the same time was no easy task lol.

MY BUILD THREAD
http://www.therpf.com/f62/2012-tmnt-...5/index18.html

HOW
To create the costume I first created lifecasts of most of the individual body parts. Then I used each lifecast as a base to sculpt the character in clay. After the piece was sculpted, I then mold each piece and casted it in silicone. As for the shell it was sculpted along with foam templates, then molded and casted in foam. I was able to use Mikey's body for the rest of the turtles but had to sculpt and cast new heads for each.

CHALLENGES

Doing 3 turtles in the same amount of time I did one last year!

ABOUT MYSELF

25 years old with a wonderful wife and a 10 month old son and another kid on the way. Life gets busy so find a fun hobby!

WIP PHOTOS

PROOF PHOTO
file-121.jpg

Contest Photo: (unless I have time to get a professional photo done}

After 2 years of work, the Ninja Turtles raided downtown Dallas!
Photo Credit: Jacob King http://www.appleguyofdallas.com
Mikey: Nathanial Hummel
Raph: Casey Womack
Don: Daniel Hooberry
Leo: Leonel Urias

Headed to Dallas:

Suiting up the Heroes!

Graffiti Wall

Pizza Place

Back Alley

Got to take the heads off for some fresh air!

More Back Alley

Downtown Dallas Backdrop

And my FAVORITE SPOT.... The Stairs!

We had a blast taking this around Downtown Dallas and the people there really enjoyed seeing them!

COWABUNGA and TURTLE POWER!:ninja

If you haven't voted in the contest yet be sure to check it out! And if you are a TURTLE FAN..... I would greatly appreciate your vote! haha a

Thank you RPF for hosting another great competition, and thank you to everyone who voted! Looks like I will have to step my game up to compete with the talent here. Guess it's time to pick another project.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back