DerfOnarged's Bandai Perfect Grade Millennium Falcon FINISHED!

Portaler

Even a post it note works a treat. Adhesive edge gives good contact to the model = a good streak line.

@DerfO. I assume you gave her a gloss clear coat before the streaks to protect the paint underneath right ?

Did you then give a final Matt clear coat to seal her up ?

DerfOnarged

Even a post it note works a treat. Adhesive edge gives good contact to the model = a good streak line.

@DerfO. I assume you gave her a gloss clear coat before the streaks to protect the paint underneath right ?

Did you then give a final Matt clear coat to seal her up ?

I actually did all the streaking on top of the base coat without the gloss coat. I did some tests on a broken MPC falcon I bought on eBay and found that the Abteilung oils stuck better on the base coat and resulted in better looking streaks with the darkness fading the longer the streak runs. I tried to mimick the fade from the reference photos as much as I could. I did seal up everything with a final matte coat though (Tamiya TS-80).

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.