Denuo Novo (only) New and existing products

So does anyone have the Shoretrooper helmet and if so, what is you're feeling on it? Any regrets?
Some comments here>

Some comments here>

Yeah, but that's the Anovos version. Is the Denuo Novo version the same?

UPDATE: No it's not. I assumed it was only Anovos since that was the name of the link. I see now it covers both. Thanks!

Yeah, but that's the Anovos version. Is the Denuo Novo version the same?

UPDATE: No it's not. I assumed it was only Anovos since that was the name of the link. I see now it covers both. Thanks!
Yeah, that thread wasn't a hard cut over to DN. There's still a little bit of transition going on over there.
But all DN stuff moving forward should flow in here.

Your FOTK is going to be a little longer (in case you were expecting it this month!).

Attachments

• C9E68F8C-99C3-488F-B237-67D56AB57809.jpeg
    C9E68F8C-99C3-488F-B237-67D56AB57809.jpeg
    509 KB · Views: 113
The Sabine helmet is now available for preorder. I'm curious how the patterns will be done. They haven't painted anything that complex before. The x-wing helmets are largely decals. Since the Sabine helmet is fiberglass, I assume it will be made in Texas, but that could be incorrect.

I keep thinking about this comment and was wondering what about the Rey X-Wing helmet? That can't be decals and looks to be one incredible job at weathering.

I actually just bought a spare Black Series Wedge helmet on major discount from Hasbro Pulse and I think I may be trying to duplicate this one as I think it looks awesome.

I keep thinking about this comment and was wondering what about the Rey X-Wing helmet? That can't be decals and looks to be one incredible job at weathering.

I actually just bought a spare Black Series Wedge helmet on major discount from Hasbro Pulse and I think I may be trying to duplicate this one as I think it looks awesome.
I have several of the Denuo Novo x-wing helmets, but not the Rey. There is a surprising amount of decals on those. Even for the large colored areas and some of the weathering. They add more weathering on top. Those helmets are made in China.

The Sabine helmet will be a fiberglass helmet with the details painted. I don't know if this will be made in the US or not. The other fiberglass helmets have been. None of those have required complex painting.

I have several of the Denuo Novo x-wing helmets, but not the Rey. There is a surprising amount of decals on those. Even for the large colored areas and some of the weathering. They add more weathering on top. Those helmets are made in China.

Wow that's surprising. I purchased the Anovos AT-AT Driver helmet several years ago and was really surprised that it's all done with decals instead of paint. It was a bit disappointing. For $600 I would think there'd be some paint involved.

I'm excited to see how the Sabine helmet ends up, but I'm leery to order it after seeing the Celebration footage. It's definitely not the same helmet shown on the website.

Wow that's surprising. I purchased the Anovos AT-AT Driver helmet several years ago and was really surprised that it's all done with decals instead of paint. It was a bit disappointing. For $600 I would think there'd be some paint involved.

I'm excited to see how the Sabine helmet ends up, but I'm leery to order it after seeing the Celebration footage. It's definitely not the same helmet shown on the website.
The original AT-AT helmets had decals/stickers for the markings. Original ESB AT-AT Driver Helmets Even the ESB stormtrooper helmets had decals/stickers for markings that were hand painted on the ANH helmets.

I thought the Sabine helmet in the Celebration videos looked good. It is a different helmet than the one in the photos on the website. I'm not sure if it will be made in the same facility as the other fiberglass helmets which didn't need to do much detailed painting or if it will be made somewhere that can automate some of the painting like is done for Black Series and efx PCR helmets.

The original AT-AT helmets had decals/stickers for the markings. Original ESB AT-AT Driver Helmets Even the ESB stormtrooper helmets had decals/stickers for markings that were hand painted on the ANH helmets.

That may be the case and I guess Anovos was going for as close to original as possible, but the vinyl sticker over paint just isn't as appealing. I just want the helmets to look professional when complete. I prefer the symmetrical helmets over the wonky, asymmetrical versions that match the originals. Probably why I love the Black Series Stormtrooper helmets (minus the battery cover in back).

But for the AT-AT helmet to be truly like the original it should've been done in black ABS and then painted light grey.

I'm not disappointed in getting the AT-AT helmet. It's a nice piece and kinda fun since most people think it was actually white in the movie.

That may be the case and I guess Anovos was going for as close to original as possible, but the vinyl sticker over paint just isn't as appealing. I just want the helmets to look professional when complete. I prefer the symmetrical helmets over the wonky, asymmetrical versions that match the originals. Probably why I love the Black Series Stormtrooper helmets (minus the battery cover in back).

But for the AT-AT helmet to be truly like the original it should've been done in black ABS and then painted light grey.

I'm not disappointed in getting the AT-AT helmet. It's a nice piece and kinda fun since most people think it was actually white in the movie.
That is why I disagree with people who say a certain maker has the best version of whatever prop. Different customers want different things in the replica. Some want as close to the original prop as possible, some want more of an in universe idealized version.

That is why I disagree with people who say a certain maker has the best version of whatever prop. Different customers want different things in the replica. Some want as close to the original prop as possible, some want more of an in universe idealized version.

Very true. I am very much for the idealized version.

I have a life-sized Stormtrooper and Sandtrooper in my house created from Anovos TK armor. They sent the black rubber toilet cleaning gloves that were apparently worn in the movie. While on screen this looks just fine, anyone coming to my house looking at them is going to question the choice of gloves as they do not make sense for military personnel. I replaced them with a cloth military looking glove that fits the purpose a bit better. It's not 100% accurate, but it looks so much better.

I’ve painted exactly one Sabine helmet, and for me that was about two too many, haha.

I suppose you could reasonably do the paint job in mass with either 3D printed or vacuum formed and cut stencil shells. I had a 3D printed shell for the Bo helmets I did and it certainly helped a lot.
The paint certainly will make or break the look so I hope they nail it.

I’ve painted exactly one Sabine helmet, and for me that was about two too many, haha.

I suppose you could reasonably do the paint job in mass with either 3D printed or vacuum formed and cut stencil shells. I had a 3D printed shell for the Bo helmets I did and it certainly helped a lot.
The paint certainly will make or break the look so I hope they nail it.

Sabine was more difficult than Bo-Katan's? Your Bo-Katan deco is insane!

Sabine was more difficult than Bo-Katan's? Your Bo-Katan deco is insane!
Sorry, I’m not sure how I missed this!

Yeah, believe it or not Bo is a lot more fun and easier, relatively speaking, because there is a lot less masking and layering involved. I think there are ways to simplify the process for Sabine like I mentioned, mainly the stencil shells, but even with those simplifications it would still be more labor intensive than Bo.

I honestly hope they do a Bo helmet. And if they need someone to paint their masters… I know a guy.

Sorry, I’m not sure how I missed this!

Yeah, believe it or not Bo is a lot more fun and easier, relatively speaking, because there is a lot less masking and layering involved. I think there are ways to simplify the process for Sabine like I mentioned, mainly the stencil shells, but even with those simplifications it would still be more labor intensive than Bo.

I honestly hope they do a Bo helmet. And if they need someone to paint their masters… I know a guy.

Yeah, you do! You definitely do a professional paint job.

I get what you're saying. I hadn't considered all of the masking for the different color/s layers.

I have to give credit to DN, they've been delivering SW items - at least some of them.
Got my Red5 helmet a few months ago, got Blue Leader a few weeks ago, and Gold Leader this week.
I'm hoping they'll pick up the other licenses (ST and BSG) and fulfill those orders as well.

I mentioned this in the Anovos thread when it was first announced, but the fact that DN is picking up the mess that Anovos left behind is still shocking to me. Like many, I too suspect DN taking on that responsibility was perhaps a condition to getting the SW license (?). Maybe not? Regardless, I'm happy they're taking care of it, and I'm sure those who have received their items are appreciative. For those who haven't, I hope you get your stuff soon.

Three of my five remaining Anovos items have been delivered, with the last two planned for the next 12 to 18 months.

I transitioned my last open Anovos order over to the Sabine helmet so at some point I'll be able to share it. Whatever anyone want to say about DN they shipped me about $3k worth of product that Anovos skipped out on so I will definitely give them credit when speaking to others.

Both of the last two posts are very encouraging.

I am considering switching my Rey staff order to a gift card and using it towards a helmet. Can anyone tell me how the Shore Trooper and AT-ACT helmets are? I have the Anovos Tank Driver helmet, which is similar to those, and love it. It's the most comfortable helmet I own. I also at one point received the Anovos AT-ACT helmet, but sent it back because of a minor paint flaw and regret it now since I never did receive the replacement and the DN version is much higher in cost. I ended up getting my bank to step in it and reimburse the money. The Rey Staff order was too old to do that.

Also, if anyone has the Imperial Royal Guard helmet, what are your thoughts on it?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back