Denuo Novo 1989 Batman cowl

Not sure what went wrong between the prototype and final product (setting aside the fact that the proto pics might have been from a hard resin master and not an actual silicone pull) but this is an unmitigated disaster. And the sole purpose of the stand/bust seems to be to prevent the cowl from crumbling. I can’t believe they’re going to release this greasy mess for 1K+.

There’s literally a dozen of cowl makers out there who could do a much better job for a third of that price. Why not just hire those guys ? Between these updated pictures and the cowl on display at SDCC it’s obvious they are in over their heads. Feeling really bad for anyone who preordered based on the proto pics.

If they ever made a lineage Affleck cowl… I’ll buy three. Haha

Well, for me, personally, I’m still hoping that DN produces a Lewis Wilson Batman Movie Serial Cowl, constructed from accurate materials: old, used, bed sheets harvested to create the cowl and “bat horns” stuffed full of old pillow filler.

This is The Batman that truly strikes fear into the hearts of criminals everywhere…

565FA0A6-485C-4D41-941C-E4823B51D7F9.jpeg

Last edited:
Not to derail the thread but what is everyone's thoughts on this cowl from Purearts?

They describe it as a "Poly-hybrid mixed media". I'm guessing it won't be wearable or flexible but will have the texture of a rubber cowl.

Personally I think the Purearts is a very cool cowl, with a great base and durable materials but IMO it’s more an interpretation rather than a true replica.
Even if it’s listed as a cast lineage cowl, they took a lot of liberties on the sculpt that for me is too much oriented Returns rather than 89.
A cool piece, but more a mix of Burton’s era rather than a true 89 replica.

Concerning the Deno Nuovo, it’s a total disaster.
seriously look at the emblem!
It’s even not embossed anymore like it was on the proto.
Just a poor logo print.
one of the worst scams of this last 10 years of the hobby

I clicked on the pre-order link and got "404- not found".

Guess they got the idea...
I found it here:

I wouldn't pay $9 for that horror let alone $950.

I found it here:

I wouldn't pay $9 for that horror let alone $950.
I seem to have missed the part in Batman (1989) where Bruce Wayne ordered 20 lbs of black licorice to manufacture his cowl...

That is one of the starkest contrasts in the promo image and the shipping product I've ever seen. My Rubies cowl from 1990 looks better than that mess.

I emailed BBTS about it, and they updated it to remove the original promo photo from their listing. So at least people will know what they are signing up for.
I’m surprised they didthat. They were aware when I called to canceled my preorder months ago. January methinks. Don’t let the nonrefundable deposit fool u cuz I got it back in store credit.

I don't care if Michael Keaton himself delivered this to me. I would NEVER pay that much for a cowl. I'm not sure if I would pay HALF the price.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back