Demon Knight blood key commission complete...finally!!

MrRabba

Hi guys,

I don't know if this will be of any interest, though it would be cool to share!

The blood key from Demon Knight has been one of those props that has alluded me for years. I'm now happy to say that my wait is over!

My buddy Derek from Oblivion FX took on the task of sculpting the key from scratch and I couldn't be happier with the end result. :D

Here's the finished piece -

BloodKeyfinished007.jpg

BloodKeyfinished006.jpg

BloodKeyfinished005.jpg

BloodKeyfinished004.jpg

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE put me in contact with the person who made this! How much was it?

You can find Derek from OFX at his forum here - Log in

In terms of costs, that's something that is best discussed directly with Derek. He's pretty damn busy at the moment with a backlog of orders but it's definitely worth reaching out to him.

Pretty sweet man, that's always been one of my favorites!

Thanks dude, it turned out pretty well for a scratch build. Can't wait to get a little display case for it!

Beautiful piece! He really nailed the look of it!

I loved that movie when I saw it in the theater, and it's still a favorite of mine now.

Very cool piece :)

Is there a red liquid in the "bottle" portion, or is it painted or dyed resin?

Chris

Are the stars on both sides of the key? The pics only show the one side..

We had discussed having the stars on both sides though I would need to confirm that to be sure!

That turned out excellent.

Cool prop from a cool movie.

Indeed :D

Beautiful piece! He really nailed the look of it!

I loved that movie when I saw it in the theater, and it's still a favorite of mine now.

Very cool piece

Is there a red liquid in the "bottle" portion, or is it painted or dyed resin?

Chris

Sadly I missed it during it's big screen outing but stumbled upon it sometime in the late 90's. Like you, it's definitely one of my favorites to this day :)

As for the key's blood chamber, I believe it's a solid cast piece made from RTV silicone. I'm not too savvy with the process though going by what Derek has said, he poured clear glass effect resin in the mix that had been specially pigmented to give the appearance of being filled with blood.

Glad you like the finished piece!

Hey buddy!!

Glad you like the piece. it really was a fun build :D the stars are on both sides and with the correct orientation as well :D the blood chamber itself is PU resin, crystal clear, with pigments. The main body (the key actual) is fast cast white PU resin, and so to are the little pentagrams.

thanks for all the nice words guys,and Rabba, thanks for enjoying my work so :D makes it worth the slog ;)

Thanks for taking on the task dude, the end product definitely speaks for itself :)

Anyway, keep the great work coming Derek - very much look forward to all future projects from OFX. :D

Thanks for taking on the task dude, the end product definitely speaks for itself :)

Anyway, keep the great work coming Derek - very much look forward to all future projects from OFX. :D

hahha, will do bud :D as an update, i have put the full history of the build picture files on to a disc for you and it will be in with the bloodkey which ships first thing monday morning mate :D

Quagmire9, pm me with details on cost and timeline on getting one made. Would like to know the possibiliy of getting a functional one done up.

That is so sweet! I always wanted one. very kool.

Thanks man, should be sweet to finally have one to display after all these years :)

brilliant work bud!, don't think i've seen the movie though, i'll see if i can find it

Oh you should definitely give it a look! William Sadler, Billy Zane and Thomas Haden Church are all great in their roles, plus there's some top notch makeup effects.

On a little side note, the key prop is featured in both Demon Knight and the other Tales movie Bordello of Blood... both awesome, both loads of fun :D

Nice work!!

-Rylo

Glad you dig it dude, Derek did a bang up job :)

I finally have the key in hand and I have to say....beyond thrilled! Derek really knocked this out of the park and after years of waiting to get my hands on the prop, I'm glad that I turned to OFX to end my suffering. Again Derek, thank you so much for taking the time and effort to make this old boy happy lol :D

It really does look like the real deal in person!

2011-10-05191209.jpg

2011-10-05191237.jpg

Take a bow sir, take a bow :D lol

Thanks again dude! My next plan is to get a little display case for it that can be lit up with little LED's. :)

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back