Deprecated Demolition Man - City of San Angeles police badge - Resin or Pewter (metal)

Daniel Nelms

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Please close thread due to lack of interest.

We're giving the file away for free here

So I was talking with IronManiac about 90s action movies and Demolition man and I thought hey wouldn't it be cool to get a San Angeles police badge?

I had a look around here and it doesn't seem like it's a project that anybody has tackled, at least not in recent years. It seems like a few of these have sold which were screen used but I think there are enough pictures and measurements that between the two of us we can design a spot on replica of the badge.

It'll take time and a lot of work and as much as I would like to own one myself I can't justify the expense of making molds to make just one of these for myself so we want to gage the interest of our wonderful community to see what others think. This would likely be a limited run but the quantity would depend on the level of interest.

badge_3.jpg Screen Shot 2015-01-16 at 5.05.43 AM.png
(picture from screenused.com)

The Cost? (USPS Domestic shipping included)

My guess on the prices would be around $30 for a resin badge.
About $50 for a cold-cast aluminium badge.
Pewter (metal) $150

It's also possible that we would offer finishing services for an extra fee.

The cost could come down if enough people were interested, but investing lots of time in designing an accurate prop is expensive (time is money) and so is the prototyping process so it's got to be "worth it". I will also have the expense of tooling up my shop to cast metal and make heat resistant molds.

I would say we need a minimum interest of 25 resin cast buttons (cold-cast or regular).

So should we make this happen? Comment below.

Interest:
TFickser

badge_3.jpg

Screen Shot 2015-01-16 at 5.05.43 AM.png

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back