DELETE

Re: My Han In Carbonite Front Panel KITS From Acid Burn

....Yeah. It's so thin in most spots that I could probably push my finger through barely even trying, but I'm not going to do that. The thing is flexible as hell except for where that left hand is warped outwards and won't sit flat unless I use a heatgun which I don't have. Even though this was in a big box it really was'nt packed very well. Theres about 4 inches deep of packing peanuts in the bottom of the box. Now here's the kicker. This is the message I got back from Acid Burn after I sent them a message tonight about doing a refund.
acid burn said:
Bro,
I can't. I don't accept refunds and like I said. It wasnt miss represented in the least. I know your customer dropped out of your sale, but im not responsible for that.
Put it up for sale in the Junkyard. I'll bump it to help you sell it.
Im sure all of the other people that have purchased one will pop on and give it a bump.
PepMaster said:
acid burn said:
eek, sorry about the damage, thing was well packed.
As far as the warpage and clean up..That's part of it being a kit.
A heatgun is part of the tools needed to finish this bad boy
the bubbles and sanding are all par for the course on this life sized piece.
Everyone else here on the board who's purchased these love them.
anyhow, I know you'll sell it I just do want you to think you got a sub par piece or it wasnt as described or pictured.
Do you think I can just send it back to you for a refund? I'll be glad to pay the shipping.
Now I never said they were responsible for my customer dropping out on any sale, but this job is just beginner quality. If it was me and I sold something like this to someone, I would give them a refund or even a partial refund and just let them keep the piece. But I'm willing to send it back and even pay the shipping out of my pocket to send it back.
Yes I have a thread in the JY for these pieces, but after looking at my own photos I'm going to take the listing off the JY, because if I had seen photos like the one's I posted as a listing for sale, I sure as hell would'nt buy it.

Has he responded any further on this? That's not something worth selling unless labeled as a flawed cast

Nope, the quotes in Post 3 was the last message recieved which was this evening.

Mine are worse, broken in many pieces and no feet ever arrived. I've tried multiple times to contact him and still no feet replacements. I can make the other bits work but not without feet. Having said all that, I did order the "thin" variety to save money so I don't feel slighted......except for the feet.

Dave :(

I'm thinking of doing this. Since it still has'nt passed 45 days yet, I'll give Acid Burn 72 Hours to either make a response here to make some kind of resolution or make some kind of resolution via PM. If no resolution or response is done by the time runs out, I'll open a claim, and when the claim is approved I'll happily send the package back with tracking.(this time with better packing than what I got.). This kind of thing is what I would expect from a eBay recaster, but not from a fellow RPF member.

This kind of thing is what I would expect from a eBay recaster, but not from a fellow RPF member.

Exactly, I would never send that out to anyone unless a huge discount for a flawed piece was given.:thumbsdown

Just someone please do a kit of the box!! My poor fiberglass front panel casting has been collecting saw dust at the shop for several years now!!

How does he get by with doing this stuff to folks?

Because it's CHEAP! I have his full front casting that I got for under $300. Is it perfect...not by any means but I didn't spend $700+ for it either, nope.

You get what you pay for.

Just someone please do a kit of the box!! My poor fiberglass front panel casting has been collecting saw dust at the shop for several years now!!
Zenix was doing the box, and I was going to do a run of the box, but that never worked out even though I still have a lot of box pieces left over.

Because it's CHEAP! I have his full front casting that I got for under $300. Is it perfect...not by any means but I didn't spend $700+ for it either, nope.

Agreed, but I can understand time and materials on something like this and the price is great. The quality however.....that's another story. If you see the photos in Acid Burn's thread the casting in the first photo looks great, it's just this one that's total garbage. And if you look at thier thread for these kits, it does'nt say anything about cleanup needing to be done, or a heatgun would be needed to fix warped areas. It's does however say in thier topic that "it's cast in thick, durable resin" and well you see my photos, you be the judge.

in Acid Burn's thread the casting in the first photo looks great, it's just this one that's total garbage. And if you look at thier thread for these kits, it does'nt say anything about cleanup needing to be done, or a heatgun would be needed to fix warped areas. It's does however say in thier topic that "it's cast in thick, durable resin" and well you see my photos, you be the judge.

I understand where you are coming from and I agree that yours needs EXTRA attention/clean up as did mine but, for me at least, I understood that I was getting a casting of an expensive prop for cheap. I have done a lot of work to mine and still a lot to go but it's a labor of love.

Though I hope Omar chimes in here, these are cheaply done castings and they should be sold as such.

I also agree that there are NOT thick resin castings.

They should be marketed as "cheaply made resin/fiberglass castings that need quite a bit of clean up and NOT for the beginner".

Just to play Devil's advocate. I picked up one of Stormrider's rubber HIC castings for $240 (IIRC) and not only is the cast nearly flawless but thick and durable. He even went the extra mile and embedded fiberglass at the base of the feet so that it could be easier to attach to a panel.

So, under $300 and absolute quality.

Don't get me wrong, this resin kit here is fine, but it should be marketed as needing a lot of work and it sounds like it wasn't.

It definatly was'nt, if I had known of Stormrider's Rubber Casting, I would have bought it up quick instead of getting this "thing".

Guys...I posted pix of what these kits are.
These are kits and do require clean up. Nothing was ever hidden, nor was I trying to pull a "fast one" on anyone.
People who received these, that have even posted on this thread have said it was cool.
They are not solid castings..these are kits and casted up as such, they require work.
These are not B grade kits.
Like I stated earlier... These are as pictured and represented.
Im at a loss here? these require clean up as pictured.
Some folks are happy with these..some folks are not.

Because you posted this in your sales thread. And he clearly did not get what is listed. Thick? Durable?? And the pics in your thread look far nicer than what he got.

Well, I'm offering a run of the Han panel pieces.
These are cast just like the full panel. cast in thick durable resin.
It makes shipping super affordable!
Asking $345.00 Shipped in the continental U.S

The Han kit consists of the following pieces:
Upper torso
lower torso
Hands
Feet.

I didnt hold a light to the back of mine :(
Maybe I should have described them differently.
the detail parts are thicker.
I will change the description, the photos were pulled straight from the cast.
I pm'd Pep and let him know. about a resolution.
I welcome comments on this. Honestly in my opinion I thought this was an awesome piece for the price.
Nothing nefarious on my part.
Other than making these thicker, what would you suggest I do.
-Thank you

Because you posted this in your sales thread. And he clearly did not get what is listed. Thick? Durable?? And the pics in your thread look far nicer than what he got.

Well, I'm offering a run of the Han panel pieces.
These are cast just like the full panel. cast in thick durable resin.
It makes shipping super affordable!
Asking $345.00 Shipped in the continental U.S

The Han kit consists of the following pieces:
Upper torso
lower torso
Hands
Feet.

Not for me to say what you should do for your sales. Just a by stander looking at the piece he got and your description, well I would have been disappointed as well. IMO thicker and not warped if possible would fix most of the issues and state in your thread like Brad said need cleanup and work. Again just my opinion.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back