DELETE

Discussion in 'Replica Props' started by PepMaster, Dec 13, 2011.

1. PepMaster

PepMaster Sr Member

Photos removed, situation is being resolved.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2011
  2. j0wE

j0wE Well-Known Member

Re: My Han In Carbonite Front Panel KITS From Acid Burn

wow...

3. PepMaster

PepMaster Sr Member

....Yeah. It's so thin in most spots that I could probably push my finger through barely even trying, but I'm not going to do that. The thing is flexible as hell except for where that left hand is warped outwards and won't sit flat unless I use a heatgun which I don't have. Even though this was in a big box it really was'nt packed very well. Theres about 4 inches deep of packing peanuts in the bottom of the box. Now here's the kicker. This is the message I got back from Acid Burn after I sent them a message tonight about doing a refund.
    Now I never said they were responsible for my customer dropping out on any sale, but this job is just beginner quality. If it was me and I sold something like this to someone, I would give them a refund or even a partial refund and just let them keep the piece. But I'm willing to send it back and even pay the shipping out of my pocket to send it back.
    Yes I have a thread in the JY for these pieces, but after looking at my own photos I'm going to take the listing off the JY, because if I had seen photos like the one's I posted as a listing for sale, I sure as hell would'nt buy it.

4. StevenRogers84

StevenRogers84 Sr Member

Acidburn... Sorry about your trouble brother. Thats not right.

5. fotokid

fotokid Well-Known Member

Has he responded any further on this? That's not something worth selling unless labeled as a flawed cast

6. PepMaster

PepMaster Sr Member

Nope, the quotes in Post 3 was the last message recieved which was this evening.

7. vaderdarth

vaderdarth Master Member

Mine are worse, broken in many pieces and no feet ever arrived. I've tried multiple times to contact him and still no feet replacements. I can make the other bits work but not without feet. Having said all that, I did order the "thin" variety to save money so I don't feel slighted......except for the feet.

Dave :(

8. StevenRogers84

StevenRogers84 Sr Member

How does he get by with doing this stuff to folks?

9. PepMaster

PepMaster Sr Member

I'm thinking of doing this. Since it still has'nt passed 45 days yet, I'll give Acid Burn 72 Hours to either make a response here to make some kind of resolution or make some kind of resolution via PM. If no resolution or response is done by the time runs out, I'll open a claim, and when the claim is approved I'll happily send the package back with tracking.(this time with better packing than what I got.). This kind of thing is what I would expect from a eBay recaster, but not from a fellow RPF member.

10. Finhead

Finhead Sr Member

Exactly, I would never send that out to anyone unless a huge discount for a flawed piece was given.:thumbsdown

11. GeneralFROSTY

GeneralFROSTY Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Just someone please do a kit of the box!! My poor fiberglass front panel casting has been collecting saw dust at the shop for several years now!!

12. Jedifyfe

Jedifyfe Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Because it's CHEAP! I have his full front casting that I got for under $300. Is it perfect...not by any means but I didn't spend $700+ for it either, nope.

You get what you pay for.

13. PepMaster

PepMaster Sr Member

Zenix was doing the box, and I was going to do a run of the box, but that never worked out even though I still have a lot of box pieces left over.

Agreed, but I can understand time and materials on something like this and the price is great. The quality however.....that's another story. If you see the photos in Acid Burn's thread the casting in the first photo looks great, it's just this one that's total garbage. And if you look at thier thread for these kits, it does'nt say anything about cleanup needing to be done, or a heatgun would be needed to fix warped areas. It's does however say in thier topic that "it's cast in thick, durable resin" and well you see my photos, you be the judge.

14. Jedifyfe

Jedifyfe Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I understand where you are coming from and I agree that yours needs EXTRA attention/clean up as did mine but, for me at least, I understood that I was getting a casting of an expensive prop for cheap. I have done a lot of work to mine and still a lot to go but it's a labor of love.

Though I hope Omar chimes in here, these are cheaply done castings and they should be sold as such.

I also agree that there are NOT thick resin castings.

They should be marketed as "cheaply made resin/fiberglass castings that need quite a bit of clean up and NOT for the beginner".

15. Michael Bergeron

Michael Bergeron Legendary Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Just to play Devil's advocate. I picked up one of Stormrider's rubber HIC castings for $240 (IIRC) and not only is the cast nearly flawless but thick and durable. He even went the extra mile and embedded fiberglass at the base of the feet so that it could be easier to attach to a panel.

So, under $300 and absolute quality.

Don't get me wrong, this resin kit here is fine, but it should be marketed as needing a lot of work and it sounds like it wasn't.

16. PepMaster

PepMaster Sr Member

It definatly was'nt, if I had known of Stormrider's Rubber Casting, I would have bought it up quick instead of getting this "thing".

17. acid burn

acid burn Well-Known Member

Guys...I posted pix of what these kits are.
    These are kits and do require clean up. Nothing was ever hidden, nor was I trying to pull a "fast one" on anyone.
    People who received these, that have even posted on this thread have said it was cool.
    They are not solid castings..these are kits and casted up as such, they require work.
    These are not B grade kits.
    Like I stated earlier... These are as pictured and represented.
    Im at a loss here? these require clean up as pictured.
    Some folks are happy with these..some folks are not.

18. Finhead

Finhead Sr Member

Because you posted this in your sales thread. And he clearly did not get what is listed. Thick? Durable?? And the pics in your thread look far nicer than what he got.

Well, I'm offering a run of the Han panel pieces.
    These are cast just like the full panel. cast in thick durable resin.
    It makes shipping super affordable!
    Asking $345.00 Shipped in the continental U.S

The Han kit consists of the following pieces:
    Upper torso
    lower torso
    Hands
    Feet.

19. acid burn

I didnt hold a light to the back of mine :(
    Maybe I should have described them differently.
    the detail parts are thicker.
    I will change the description, the photos were pulled straight from the cast.
    I pm'd Pep and let him know. about a resolution.
    I welcome comments on this. Honestly in my opinion I thought this was an awesome piece for the price.
    Nothing nefarious on my part.
    Other than making these thicker, what would you suggest I do.
    -Thank you

20. Finhead

Finhead Sr Member

Not for me to say what you should do for your sales. Just a by stander looking at the piece he got and your description, well I would have been disappointed as well. IMO thicker and not warped if possible would fix most of the issues and state in your thread like Brad said need cleanup and work. Again just my opinion.

21. PepMaster

PepMaster Sr Member

On making these a little bit thicker and more durable, I would suggest using microbubbles mixed in with the resin to thicken it up. Then give it a simple slush cast over the thickened resin and that should make it better. If anything I would suggest doing gel coating, with a fiberglass backing for strength. The price to do each one will probably be the same as before, and you won't have to use as much resin if you do the gel coat and fiberglass like where the hands are filled, now for the fingers I would say fill them up with resin but as for the rest gelcoat and fiberglass.
    EDIT: Guys just so you know me and Acid Burn are working this out, and we hope to resolve this matter.

22. GeneralFROSTY

GeneralFROSTY Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

@pepmaster
    I did correspond with Zenix but he won't be doing a run of boxes for a while since he has a few other new projects on his plate.
    If you have a kit....you know where to find me.

23. acid burn

Points taken ;)
    I'll have them poured up thicker.
    I do know that regardless though...Some level of work needs to be done to these.
    It's inherent to this being a "kit"
    I do also think that regardless of how thick these are....they still will have "warping"
    There is no backer per say to these. Once a heat gun is taken to it, it will lay flat on a board.

24. PepMaster

PepMaster Sr Member

Just so everyone knows, me and Acid Burn are working this out. Please DO NOT post any further in this thread so it can go into the great beyond known as the 3rd or further than that page on here.