111.3 KB · Views: 334
  • finalrender2.JPG
    finalrender2.JPG
    106.9 KB · Views: 279
  • finalrender3.JPG
    finalrender3.JPG
    133.6 KB · Views: 277
Last edited:
Re: Star Lord Quad Blasters (kit by Joatrash & Morganthirteen)

I'm interested but I don't know about for 350-400 dollar range. Any chance that price might come down with more interest?

I'm really liking the models so far, consider me interested providing future pics.

EDIT: just added a minor stipulation

Last edited:

I'm interested but I don't know about for 350-400 dollar range. Any chance that price might come down with more interest?

I would hope to bring it down as much as is possible but that guess is pretty much the norm for small-run kits of this size/quality. (If you're seen any of M13's previous castings you know that they come basically ready-to-paint with almost no cleanup.) The Lawgiver kit was $200, the Oblivion 175 and both use less resin than this probably will, which will drive up both materials cost and shipping. (Also, the quoted cost is SHIPPED for BOTH L/R, not just one in case I wasn't clear about that.)

I'd be interested pending pics of final piece

Unless there are any major changes needed once the Bluray arrives (which I don't anticipate) the final pieces will look almost exactly like the rendering in regards to shape- the only things that will be added later (that I can think of right now) are screws, metal mesh and rods in the front heat sink and lower emitter. (I believe I have the size exactly down to within a few mm, based on various size references and taking into account lens distortion in photos.) Please see the Dredd and Oblivion links in the FP for a concept-to-completion comparison. These will be on par with those and the aim is to make the most accurate kit possible.

I will post photos of the first parts asap.

Count me in. I'm very interested.

I am interested only if I can get both painted. (could not paint to save my life)

I missed this before I purchased one right handed from another run here.
Given enough time between now and the actual start of the run. I possibly would be Interested. there are a few things I would like to ask.
For the handle? seems the best way to finish that would be liquid dipping or whatever It's called. are you guys going to finish a set out with the carbon fiber look and such? my paint skills are still In there infancy. and I was lucky to finish the oblivion gun too near satisfaction. It was a close call. lol

Part question answered.
Edit. Looked at the render again. my bad It's there. and for some reason I can't ditch this pic.

Last edited:

...there are a few things I would like to ask.
For the handle? seems the best way to finish that would be liquid dipping or whatever It's called. are you guys going to finish a set out with the carbon fiber look and such? my paint skills are still In there infancy. and I was lucky to finish the oblivion gun too near satisfaction. It was a close call. lol

Part question answered.
Edit. Looked at the render again. my bad It's there. and for some reason I can't ditch this pic.

I think overall these will be easier to paint than the OB pistol was. Not as much fiddly masking. Initially I was going to use carbon shelf paper/film on my own copies since small dipping kits are either hard to find locally or very expensive. (I've tried to get info on how volatile the activator spray is from one local supplier to gauge whether or not I can do it in my indoor workshop during winter but have not yet gotten a reply.) I've never done the dip thing before so it might be fun to try. I recall seeing folks over at the Dredd costume group doing a VERY nice carbon fiber effect by just spraying through a rubber door mat.

As to the detail question you already solved- yeah it's most definitely there. I dare say that it's the closest anyone has gotten so far as to getting the shape of it right too, even though it isn't perfect. (There are a couple things in there that all builders I've seen so far have missed or omitted.)

I am interested only if I can get both painted. (could not paint to save my life)
I don't think we'll be offering to do finished versions for various reasons but you can easily find someone on the RPF to paint props for you.

I have a full set of master parts now and will be assembling them soon alongside some other commitments, now that Halloween is over.

Thanks Joe. If you start a list. put me on It. I'm In...

I think these are going to be fantastic. With such detail, it will be important to get that carbon fiber look. If there is a member who can provide finishing services for this kit let us know.

Joe, count me in for a set.

Bump for my favorite prop maker's. these will ROCK!

Looking forward to pics of the printed prototype.

Looking forward to pics of the printed prototype.

As soon as I have time to get back into the shop. Still stuck behind the (ugh) sewing machine as well as developing a few other parts (boot rockets, light up key-thingie, map scanner and so on...). Everything printed more or less perfectly- even the barrel heat vents.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back