Definitive Predator Movie Helmet List

Art Andrews

Community Owner
Community Staff
I am slowly putting together my ultimate set of Predator helmets. It is probably going to take a while, but I have a good start already. One of the biggest issues for me is figuring out what the "definitive" helmet is from each movie. When I say that, I mean, what is the absolute best pieces you can get in terms of accuracy? Here is my list so far, but would like to get the input of others as you are sure to know more than I do.

Predator:
ptgreek 's helmet comes directly from the original mold. It has taken some damage over the years and is missing details like the slug in the left temple and the laser housing in the right temple, but it is still the absolute closest we are ever likely to see.

Cool Props has offered a Gort helmet that is cast from an original.

To the best of my knowledge, there are no hero helmet casting available that have a direct tie to the original.

Predator 2:
This is where I have a hard time. I know HCG put out a helmet that was supposed to be a direct cast from a screen used stunt helmet. Keith, from the RPF also has a mold that is supposedly from a stunt, but I don't know its origin. I am not sure which is more true to the original; Keith's or the HCG.

To the best of my knowledge, there are no hero helmet casting available that have a direct tie to the original.

AVP:
Chopper, Celtic and Scar along with Elder and Temple Guard are all from Sideshow and all appear to be from original castings, although they all suffer from warpage.

Cool Props will soon be offering a Celtic with the Alien damage to it. This is likely to trump the Sideshow piece simply because Cool Props seems to have better quality control over their pieces.

Cool Prop also offers the second style of Temple Guard which appears to be cast from an original.

AVP:R:
Wolf is made by Sideshow, but again, suffers from warpage.

PREDATORS:
Berserker, Falconer, and Tracker are all from Sideshow and all appear to be from original castings, but ALL suffer quite a bit from warpage.

No one seems to offer Classic from an original source. Sideshow has one, but it seems to be completely replicated and very cheap/poor.

Please feel free to add in if you know of other helmets with ties back to the original.

It would also be cool to have a list and pic of all the fan made bios..........

That would be a pretty tall order and would need the assistance of quite a few members!

The other issue is that with what I am looking for there isn't a lot of judgement calls to make. An item is either sourced from an original or it is not. We could make a list of fan sculpts but you could never really judge one from another.

Last edited:
What bugs me about the HCG P2 bio and other claimed original P2 Bio's is they fail to tell you they're stunts. The stunt had a combined total of about 2 seconds of screen time. To me they don't count. Until someone in the FX industry unearths the lost mould of the original hero bio in some store room, we're stuck with fan made P2 bios.

What bugs me about the HCG P2 bio and other claimed original P2 Bio's is they fail to tell you they're stunts. The stunt had a combined total of about 2 seconds of screen time. To me they don't count. Until someone in the FX industry unearths the lost mould of the original hero bio in some store room, we're stuck with fan made P2 bios.

Speaking of... when DO we see the stunt bio in the movie?

Has anyone else besides keith used a stunt with lineage to make a hero?

Also... was just looking at Sideshow's P2 helmet. WTF is up with that piece?

1. I thought we saw it on the train near then end. There's a shot of the predator on the roof. And it appears somewhere else I think.

2. I have.

3. Sideshow's P2 helmet imo looks nothing like the hero helmet in the film. In fact it doesnt resemble the stunt either. When I did mine I thoroughly researched the stunt and hero. I know that bio inside out. It's fair enough when a fan want's to put their own spin on a piece, but when a pro company has licence and resources and charges £300 for it, they better make sure it's accurate. Honestly, I think I got closer than they did.

I need to pick up P2 on Blu Ray and pull some caps of the helmet to take a look at the train scene.

predatoj, I am not familiar with your work. Would love to see your helmet. And I agree with you on the Sideshow piece. I just don't understand that item.

If it helps here is a photo of both Hero (left) and Stunt (right) side by side comparisons to help distinguish between them,
untitled12.jpg.png

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back