Defiance Nolan sidearm

blueblade74

So I have been working on this for a while now and am finally ready to share some of my progress. I started out taking some images I found online and traced out the shape of the gun and the details. I than took that into a 3D modeling software and used it to build the model of the gun.
Defiance 1.JPGLayout.JPG
After alot of tweaks to the model I getting a membership to my local makerspace, i started 3D printing the parts.
Layout 1-1.jpgFull 1-1.jpg

Now I just need to clean everything up and paint.

Attachments

• IMG_1491.JPG
    IMG_1491.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 187
That look's perfect. I was trying to do one by hand and gave up for awhile. lot's of detail stuff on that gun. and you nailed It. did you do the clip release button on the other side? some of my pic's have It some don't. any chance you would share more pic's? I could use all the help I could get.

Very nice work blueblade...

Sean- I did not add the clip release. But I am totally going to look into adding it. Will upload mor pics next week. Really I still have a lot of work to do on this before it's done.

Bad Wolf- thanks in really happy with how this is taking shape.

Cool blueblade.It's going to be wonderful. and I can't wait to see It finished and more pic's. great work there. wish I could do that printing stuff. I would fill a house with gun's and anything I could think of....

having watched the Defiance marathon yesterday on syfy i just had to ask how the pistol is coming along.
:lol

Sadly everything has been put on hold due to the fact that I am in the middle of moving from Texas to Ohio and my tools and all projects are packed. In a few weeks once we get everything unpacked I will be getting back on this.

So I have survived my move, but still need to get the house and my shop set up before I can get back to work one any props. I just wanted to check with everyone who is following this project that is interested a copy of the gun. Is a 3D printed kit or a solid resin kit more desirable? Just need to figure out what I need to be spending my time on.

Glad the move went well. and will be looking forward to more on this project. and I'm not sure which would be more desirable. I would think kit...

ok, series 2 has started and already the pistol is getting nice play.
just wanted to poke my head in here and see if there was any news lol

Wow, terrific work on the pistol blueblade. I don't have the resources here to make one. If you ever decide to sell one please keep me in mind.

Thanks

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back