Deepincision's Neca Customs/repaints

deepincision

Slowly building up my Lost Clan collection. First up: Shaman

Shaman1.jpg

Shaman2.jpg

Shaman3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Second: Elder

I cannibalised a Boar for the hide trophy across his chest and for the more posable torso+legs. The staff is from a Raven Spawn figure.

Elder1.jpg

Elder2.jpg

Elder3.jpg

Elder4.jpg

Nice work. If you scroll down in the main figure section, you'll see my "ultimate" elder where I also used a p2 torso. I like the raven staff you used to go with him.

~CYCLONE_06

Yes, his Elder inspired my elder, so... lol its an Elder-fest... which one(s) are you painting next Deepincision ?

~CYCLONE_06

Heh, nothing wrong with Elder-fests, it's such a cool pred design! Next up, not sure exactly what his name is but according to this, he's called: Lost Hunter
LostHunter1.jpg

LostHunter2.jpg

LostHunter3.jpg

I've also got a City Hunter about 30% complete, and will be picking up a Snake, Gort, Borg and maybe a Ram when they're released. Thinking of painting up the Gort in gray skin tones just like the HT Guardian Pred; it might not be screen accurate but I love that colour scheme.

Just fyi, his skin is more green/yellow than the pics suggest. Might redo those photos when the weather is less cloudy...

Been a while since I last updated, but I've got a few more to add to the Lost Clan. This time around, it's City Hunter, Gort and Snake as well as a group shot:

Cityhunter1.jpg

Cityhunter2.jpg

I'm not too happy about his skin tones, seems much to pale to me but I didn't really notice until I put his armour on and stood him up on my shelf. Too much work to detach everything and I'm far too lazy to repaint the lot. To be honest I'm getting sick of painting the body netting. It's difficult to source NECA figs in Sydney but if I do get another City Hunter, I may do a version 2.0

Gort1.jpg

Gort2.jpg

Gort's colour scheme is based on the HT Guardian Pred which I absolutely love but cannot justify the expense for. So this is my own little version of my fave pred. :p

Snake1.jpg

Snake2.jpg

Snake3.jpg

My interpretation of Snake, based on a Boar Brother/Stalker figure. The base fig, accessories and dreads are either from Boar Brother or my spares box, but the head was taken from a spare unmasked P1. I didn't add the secondary teeth to his lower mandibles, though I probably should have... I also rearranged the waist armour to slightly resemble a samurai's thigh armour. Also note the unlucky Berzerker's skull draped over his shoulder and his jaw hanging around Snake's neck. Revenge for Classic's death in the movie? Perhaps. My reasoning is that these Lost Hunters may from time to time track down bad bloods and bring them to justice.

Groupshot.jpg

Group shot so far. Next up will be a Borg and perhaps an updated Wolf.

Thanks for your comments. I was also thinking of using these:

http://www.ebay.com....=item29fa247627

to add as trophies. The seller sent me this photo to indicate size and it looks like it's roughly the right scale compared to the skull/spine trophy from the P2/Zerker 2 pack.

2012-02-14 09.04.25.jpg

What do you guys think?

Latest purchase: Borg

View attachment 34119

Borg1.jpg

Borg2.jpg

Replaced his torso and biceps with those from a spare Berserker to give him a slimmer physique. Feet and rear loincloth were from a spare P1. Full repaint and gloss varnish layer for that pred-sweat look.

Updated: Shaman v2

Borg3.jpg

Shaman21.jpg

Shaman22.jpg

Shaman23.jpg

I decided to redo some of my older preds. I again replaced Shaman's torso and biceps with my old Berserker custom for similar reasons to Borg. From screenshots it seemed to me that these two in particular were slimmer than the other Lost Preds. Also added a mask from an old Wolf Pred.

Below is a recent group shot. P2 is missing as he's next up for the v2 treatment. I'm also thinking about finding right-sized human skulls to add in as trophies to the Lost Pred's belts etc. maybe a handful in fabric netting, or a skull with its top cut off and used as a medicine/ammo pouch.

Shaman24.jpg

Groupshot3.jpg

Fantastic stuff here mate, I too also use Games Workshop Gloss Varnish! works like a charm for predators and aliens, you can get some wicked effects with it!
Man i love your Greyback Elder!!!

Updated: Armoured P2

Cityhunter1.jpg

Cityhunter2.jpg

Cityhunter3.jpg

Completely revised my old P2 and decided to experiment with some bandages to reduce the visible skin and give him a more "clothed" look. Added extra armour plates on knees, feet and shoulder, as well as a wrist-mounted plasmacaster.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back