Deep sea suits from Underwater?

Darksyde13

Anyone have any info on the deep water suits from Underwater? Just watched it last night and other than some oddly soft connections at some joints they were pretty darn amazing. From the credits it appears legendary was involved but I can't confirm they made the suits. All I could find was a short behind the scenes which seems to imply most of the time the helmets are on they don't actually have any glass which made sense but I never would have called that from watching the film.

Attachments

• U20004-002-QgbRlP.jpg
    U20004-002-QgbRlP.jpg
    958.6 KB · Views: 3,553
While they look cool, with the tag line "7 miles down" all I could think was 16,500 pounds per square inch. That's around half the pressure of a waterjet cutter or 1-2 elephants on every square inch.

Thought I would give this a bump as I watched the film recently and it was actually very good. I'm sure I read somewhere that the suits were actually water tight diving suits?

I have attached a full mockup found online.

Attachments

• ghawz-ismael-underwater-suit-3dprint.jpg
    ghawz-ismael-underwater-suit-3dprint.jpg
    203.5 KB · Views: 695
Jumping on this thread to see if anybody knows more about the chainsaw that makes an extremely brief cameo late in the film? I did my best to scroll through, frame by frame, to see if there is a shot of the full side view that shows the working end, but no luck :(

vlcsnap-2022-06-03-23h25m22s562.png

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back