Deep Eyes Helm (Final Fantasy the spirits within)

Lando

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Has anyone build this helm before? Deep eyes Helm from Final Fantasy the spirits within, theres a pep file available.

images

images

images

Your second photo is a fan made helmet. Funny, I primed mine yesterday - made by Hanger18 studios a few years back. That group made the entire suit shortly after the movie came out. I don't know how often, of if they even offer them up anymore, I had to beg and wait a few years before i got mine.

Your second photo is a fan made helmet. Funny, I primed mine yesterday - made by Hanger18 studios a few years back. That group made the entire suit shortly after the movie came out. I don't know how often, of if they even offer them up anymore, I had to beg and wait a few years before i got mine.

Got a poorly casted and painted Deep Eyes helmet from (iirc their name) Nightmare Armor company (aka armormask on eBay) 3 years ago...
I was so disappointed by the overall look (lack of accurate details) and paint job (a silver coat and that was it) that I decided to turn it into something completely different and Blade Runner inspired : an Offworld Police Helmet !

:love

Don't get me wrong, the piece in itself is impressive, it's a big nasty looking helmet... but it can really become awesome if you add extra details and a decent paint job ! (and I don't talk about leds here and there)

Fred

I'm actually the person who created the first pep file for the Deep Eyes Helmet you have in the OP, a few other people have unfolded it since then. I don't have the files anymore but I had the 3D Files for the armor as well I just never got around to unfolding it. To be honest I can't remember where I got the original 3D Model from.
I remember getting a Nightmare Armor Deep Eyes Helmet, that someone sent me to repair. It was a mess straight out of the mold. Lot's of airbubbles, resin warts, warping in spots I think it only took me 3 weeks of working on it to fix it.

I have the whole armor in one pep file, but it needs to be separated and resized, I also have the helmet pep file pictured above, I have no idea where I got it from or who created the file.

I remember getting a Nightmare Armor Deep Eyes Helmet, that someone sent me to repair. It was a mess straight out of the mold. Lot's of airbubbles, resin warts, warping in spots I think it only took me 3 weeks of working on it to fix it.

Or to say it in other words : "these helmets were a real Nightmare !"

:unsure

Fred

Not to bash Nightmare Armor, Syd is a likable guy, but in my opinion my version of the helmet is better in all regards.

Our group "Hangar 18" back in the day made the whole costume and unveiled it at Dragon Con years ago. Syd from Nightmare followed us around, asked a lot of questions/took a lot of photo's, then shortly after revealed his version, but I feel his sculpt is a little off, and a little too small. Kudo's to him for his efforts, the suits he has chosen to make are indeed a challenge.

I can sell you a kit version of the helmet but they're a little pricey because they're large, laborious to cast, etc. If your seriously interested PM me. However I cannot supply the lighted eye kit, they were always made by my friend Martin, aka Angriest Angel on this forum.

Fast forward to now, Hangar 18 Studios is now my business. You can view some pictures of the helmet on my website HOME

Last year I came across your site there Hanger 18 when I was doing my General Kael buildup and noticed that you were working on the same thing, but with actual leather.

Did that every fully finish?

Anyone have the pep files to share? I can't find it anywhere, and the link that has it listed is no good.

Last year I came across your site there Hanger 18 when I was doing my General Kael buildup and noticed that you were working on the same thing, but with actual leather.

Did that every fully finish?

Oh yes, that was completed years ago. I had access to castings of the General Kael helmet from the Lucasfilm Archives. We pulled molds off of it to make helmets for the George Lucas Super Live Adventure in Japan. Needless to say, a Kael helmet and armor found it's way into my collection, however the only parts that I made in leather are the leather-scales of the skirt. The rest of the armor is vacuum-formed Kydex.

Oh yes, that was completed years ago. I had access to castings of the General Kael helmet from the Lucasfilm Archives. We pulled molds off of it to make helmets for the George Lucas Super Live Adventure in Japan. Needless to say, a Kael helmet and armor found it's way into my collection, however the only parts that I made in leather are the leather-scales of the skirt. The rest of the armor is vacuum-formed Kydex.

That costume was a pain to make because of how few screen shots exist of several parts of it.

The helmet turned out fine though, even though I had to guess at the dimensions of it and the fact that it looks different in every shot.

Got a poorly casted and painted Deep Eyes helmet from (iirc their name) Nightmare Armor company (aka armormask on eBay) 3 years ago...
I was so disappointed by the overall look (lack of accurate details) and paint job (a silver coat and that was it) that I decided to turn it into something completely different and Blade Runner inspired : an Offworld Police Helmet !

Don't get me wrong, the piece in itself is impressive, it's a big nasty looking helmet... but it can really become awesome if you add extra details and a decent paint job ! (and I don't talk about leds here and there)

Fred

WOW. Talk about turning lemons into lemonade! That Offworld Police Helmet looks amazing! I'm jealous!

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back