Debra Morgan: Dexter

David

Hi one and all. Could any one tell me what police badge I need to complete my replica of Debra Morgan's police I'd?

And even better if you know where to purchase said item that would be great!!!!

Many Thanks

David

Heres the best photo I can get of the badge, but i'll see if I can find a better one. From what I can see, it says "Detective", "Miami-Metro" "Police". No idea on where to buy them, sorry.

Hey thanks for that, looks like I'll have to trawl through the web pages to see if I can find a lookalike to your pic!!!

Once again thank you for looking for me!!!

I have these pics:

Season 2:
4be7c72a.jpg

When Debra is promoted:
bb15bdf1.jpg

I think Season 1, if you look closely, her badge is different:
2299cc23.jpg

And sample of badges I've found:
47d4ddcf.jpg

The only thing I haven't found yet is the center seal.

Cliponbasges has the Id's but no metal badge for this show. I know whey do metal badges for other shows so they may be able to assist you on this one.

I think they tried to get it the state seal close to the Miami-Dade badges.

I looked up "Miami-Dade badge" and found this:

580e1efd.jpg

I'm an officer in NC but I also have my grandfathers badge from FL and it has the same medallion in the middle as Debs. FL must not use the state seal. I never realized that wasn't their seal.

I don't have a picture of his badge access able to me right this second but it looks like this:
GBYsx.jpg

Hey Alric, been in touch with cliponbadges and he is going to look into replicating the badge for me. Many thanks

David

The trouble is, Miami Metro P.D. is a fictional police department devised strictly for the novels and television series; it doesn't exist in the real world; it's closest real-world couterparts are the Miami Police Department (whose jurisdiction lies within the Miami city limits) and the Miami-Dade Police Department (whose jurisdiction lies within Dade County). As such, the badges, I.D. laminates, case file folders, etc., were custom made by the prop and art departments, so any replicase of those props would have to be custom made as well.

As for cliponbadges, I don't know about their other products but their Dexter I.D.s are pretty inaccurate compared to the screen-used props.

The badges used on the show have two different center sections (around the seal.) One has a scalloped edge and the other is a smooth round circle. Both versions appear to be from a Blackington Badge Company model B749 in a nickel finish. The center seal seems to be one widely used by replica badge companies, but I can't seem to pin down a source for just the seal or an item number.

I may have a source that is making these from scratch.... I'll of course let everyone know what happens....

Working on a Debra Morgan badge, ID and case replica. Here's what I have so far. Need to use a different top banner and font, the seal is not available and will need to be custom done.

Can anyone out there hand paint them on a 1" disk?

FirstShield.jpg

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back