Death Star Tiles Studio Scale

Vinyl Guy

832677719_o.jpg832677730_o.jpg832677724_o.jpg

I've been working at ID'ing the 5 Main 2' x 2' Death Star Tiles and I'm stumped on two of my remaining pieces. The first picture is from the X-Wing, but the same part was cast and was also used on the 5ft Falcon and the Death Star Tiles. The tan piece on the Tamiya Sherman E8 is the part I'm looking for. Does any one know who originally took this photo and / or what the piece is from, I would be extremely grateful for any information? The other piece is the flat pieces with the 10 spokes. I thought they may be the plastic clear backers that you see behind the propellers from 1/72nd scale aircraft that are supposed to simulate a moving prop.

Thanks for any help

Dan

Last edited:
It's a shot in the dark but i used to have something that looked exactly like those in my bathroom as a kid, in the 70's. They were peel and stick grippy things for the tub. I know it's not likely them but it was the first thing that popped in my head.

Dan,

I was sent this picture the other night. I did some digging and discovered this morning it was taken by Paul (TheRealMcFly) who's a member here.
He wasn't sure if it was the right part or not, but was the closest match he found.

Hope that helps,
Matt

Dan,

I was sent this picture the other night. I did some digging and discovered this morning it was taken by Paul (TheRealMcFly) who's a member here.
He wasn't sure if it was the right part or not, but was the closest match he found.

Hope that helps,
Matt

I sent Paul a PM, I hope that he responds. Thanks Again

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back