Death Star Tiles Studio Scale

Discussion in 'Studio Scale Models' started by Vinyl Guy, May 7, 2015.

1. Vinyl Guy

Vinyl Guy Well-Known Member

832677719_o.jpg 832677730_o.jpg 832677724_o.jpg

I've been working at ID'ing the 5 Main 2' x 2' Death Star Tiles and I'm stumped on two of my remaining pieces. The first picture is from the X-Wing, but the same part was cast and was also used on the 5ft Falcon and the Death Star Tiles. The tan piece on the Tamiya Sherman E8 is the part I'm looking for. Does any one know who originally took this photo and / or what the piece is from, I would be extremely grateful for any information? The other piece is the flat pieces with the 10 spokes. I thought they may be the plastic clear backers that you see behind the propellers from 1/72nd scale aircraft that are supposed to simulate a moving prop.

Thanks for any help

Dan

Last edited: May 7, 2015
  2. mslz22

mslz22 Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

It's a shot in the dark but i used to have something that looked exactly like those in my bathroom as a kid, in the 70's. They were peel and stick grippy things for the tub. I know it's not likely them but it was the first thing that popped in my head.

3. Crisisfilms

Crisisfilms New Member

As far as I know, the little box on the X-Wing, has never been identified. If anyone can ID it, that would be amazing.

4. dragnink

dragnink Well-Known Member

Dan,

I was sent this picture the other night. I did some digging and discovered this morning it was taken by Paul (TheRealMcFly) who's a member here.
    He wasn't sure if it was the right part or not, but was the closest match he found.

Hope that helps,
    Matt

5. Vinyl Guy

Matt, Mike, & "Crisisfilms" thanks for all your help, I appreciate it :)

Thanks

Dan

6. Vinyl Guy

I sent Paul a PM, I hope that he responds. Thanks Again

dragnink likes this.