Unlimited Run Death Star Surface Modules

minifig

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
These are scaled versions of ILM's 'Low Altitude', 2 foot hero versions of the Death Star Surface Modules.

The 6" modules are therefore 1/4 scale versions of these modules, and the 12" modules are 1/2 scale versions.

They are cast from polyurethane resin, sometimes hollow, sometimes solid (depending on which tile or module). They are supplied unpainted.

I usually cast the modules to order, so please allow a week or so for that, then another couple of weeks for delivery.

I cannot claim that they are 100% accurate, as reference material has been quite limited, but I think they are pretty close, with a lot of scrathbuilt, scaled versions of kit parts!

I also don't like to promise that the castings will be 100% bubble free, or without other minor imperfections, so please be aware of that before you buy, though of course, I will always try my best to get them as good as I can.

My progress thread can be found here, which has a few more photos:

http://www.therpf.com/f11/death-star-surface-tiles-48049/

The 6" modules are all priced at £20 GBP including postage.

The 12" modules are all individually priced (see each module) with postage at £20 GBP for the first module, then £10 GBP for each extra module ordered.

The total cost including postage will be confirmed when you order.

6 INCH MODULES

6 " Module 1- £20 GBP including postage ***UPDATED PATTERN***

6" Module 2 - £20 GBP including postage

6" Module 4 - £20 GBP including postage

6" Module 5 - £20 GBP including postage

6" Module 6 - £20 GBP including postage

12 INCH MODULES

12" Module 1 - £60 (postage extra)

12" Module 2 - £60 (postage extra)

12" Module 4 - £70 (postage extra)

12" Module 5 - £80 (postage extra)

12" Module 6 - £80 (postage extra)

If you have any questions, or wish to order some modules, please drop me a PM.

Thanks

Minifig

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

I can confirm that I bought the 6 inch versions of Modules 1, 2 and 6. After paying for the modules I received them by overseas post within 2 weeks. They were very well packaged. I am very impressed with the quality of the modules and can certainly recommend them to any future buyers. You won't be disappointed.

Here's hoping for some other modules to become available in 6 inch format.

Cheers!
Eboli

Yes they are...:)

They are cast to order and usually take a week or so depending on the quantity ordered, shipping usually then takes up to 2 weeks.

M

Probably not! (but don't quote me on that! It is the Royal Mail after all!)

M

Yes I understand. One more question, do you also have 6 inch versions on modules 4 and 5. I want a 12" by 12" base but am thinking of mixing up some of your 6" modules to create this. Cheers John

Hi, When you say they are on your "to do" list does this mean in the next month or so or possibly later?

I am planning on starting them in the next month or two...I have one other project to finish and then I'm onto them...but I am notoriously slow...:(

Awesome work! Love these!
is there a 12" module 3? And if there are 6 different modules, will there be all six versions in both scales? It doesn't look like there is a complete set of 6 in either scale, right?
thanks!

eegah ... Yep there are 6 'main' modules that ILM built, I have done all except module 3 at the 12" size, and I'm trying to get the five I've done already into the 6" size.

The plan is to have all 6 modules done at both sizes...one day...

I have just finished the 6" module 4 ... I'll get some pictures up hopefully over the weekend, once it's out of the mould.

If anyone has some reference for the low altitude module 3, I'll be very appreciative. :$

minifig

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been building a 1/48 scale Finemolds X-Wing. I've been holding off finishing it for about a year now because I keep getting the fear when I think about having to scratch build a death star themed base for it. I was actually considering building it in Maya and getting it 3D printed... Then I stumbled across your bases. They are absolutely brilliant! Great Job!

So, i'm interested in purchasing the 6" Module 6 - £20 GBP

What is the best way for me to order a set?

Just in case you are interested. Here's my Red 5. Just need to finish the cannons and complete the base and shes done...

Luke_Preece_XWing.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0363.JPG
    IMG_0363.JPG
    846 KB · Views: 199
Luketallica ... Your Red 5 looks great! I really like the punchy colours.

If you want to buy any of the tiles just drop me a PM and we can sort it from there :).

M

Last edited by a moderator:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back