Death Star surface color?

hyperdyne

Sr Member
Light gray, dark gray, other?

I am trying to paint my x-wing base DS tiles and dont have a good idea on the shade to use. Anybody?

Yeah I think Rob just used Tamiya Primer on the ds. That's what I used on my tiles. Looks spot on to the filming models. How's that display coming along?

Simon.

ok cool. I primed the base with rustoleum automotive primer. It is a nice light gray but was wondering if I should shoot it with a proper light gray.

Display is coming along! Things are in pieces right now until I can paint. I have the base and the electronics parted out. I am just waiting to marry them together so I can take some more progress pics.

I have a death star base under my SS X-Wing. I painted the whole base flat black first. Then I gave it a heavy dusting of grey primer. After that was dry I gave it another very light dusting of a lighter shade of grey. Finally I dusted the whole base, from one direction only, the front, with flat white. This gave me nice depth to the recesses and a light grey overall.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back