Death Star Micro Tiles + Trench Run (STL files V7 available)

monsterpartyhat

Sr Member
This is long, loooong overdue - how is it heckin' May already? Well, I didn't *quite* complete this in time for May the Fourth, but almost!

At last, V7 of my tile set is here.

You can go read up on all the details and download the files at Death Star Micro Tiles - monster.party.hat

Tiles-All-Shadow-Jumbo.jpg

Last edited:

monsterpartyhat

Sr Member
I suppose this was inevitable -- someone is selling prints of this tile set on eBay....but they're really bad FDM prints, not resin.

Buyer beware - these are meant to be printed in resin; without scaling them WAY up, they look like utter crap printed on an FDM printer with PLA.

monsterpartyhat

Sr Member
So of course I can't leave them alone once I'm on an updating roll - I've added a whole new category of tiles for a quick update pretty soon, modelling the tiles from the Emperor's Throne Room Tower section of the Death Star II in ROTJ. These are very different from the DS1 tiles in ANH (which also make up a lot of the final battle scene sections of the DSII).

Core-Category-I (1).jpg
Core-Category-I.jpg
untitled.jpg
img2.jpg

monsterpartyhat

Sr Member
The ROTJ tiles all have these crazy pieces of photoetch which were used for the main DSII model; most of the originals are 3" square tiles, modeled here in my standard 20mm size. Any smaller and they wouldn't be able to resolve any of the fine detail in the photoetch sections.

3DImpact

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I suppose this was inevitable -- someone is selling prints of this tile set on eBay....but they're really bad FDM prints, not resin.

Well that's pretty crappy. :-( Profiting from your hard work. You've been so generous to share your work here and it's too bad to see someone taking advantage of that by doing an 'unauthorized run' of sorts.

Dan

monsterpartyhat

Sr Member
DS-Micro-Solid-all-tiles-v8-preview.jpg

Here's how the mosaic of all the files in the set has expanded so far. I will likely publish this update after the holiday weekend -- there's still a few more tiles to complete before it's ready. This layout is just for the fun of seeing them all in one image - I had to significantly rearrange it to fit all the new tiles in, which are the ones in green.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.