Star Wars DEATH STAR DROID RA-7 HEAD KIT - £268 SHIPPED USA or £250 ROTW

Buy now for 250.00 GBP
Prop Store

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

zorg

Master Member
Ok thanks

Ok thanks, I didn't know you could get such a great reflective Silver paint in a spray can, I'm also working on a C3PO head so do they also produce a reflective gold spray can version? Thanks again

They do but i think it's a hard to get paint, i think its in europe. to be honest a lot of these gold chrome rattle cans are very similar, i find if you do a light coat then 30 seconds later do a heavy wet coat gave me the best results when i was doing 3po heads.

Last edited:

Birdland

They do but i think it's a hard to get paint, i think its in europe. to be honest a lot of these gold chrome rattle cans are very similar, i find if you do a light coat then 30 seconds later do a heavy wet coat gave me the best results when i was doing 3po heads.
Ok thanks for the tip, I'm in the UK not sure which gold brand is best? I could put on a gloss clear coat last of all but sometimes depending on which brand of paint is used it can make the gold or silver more dull.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

mikajedi

Hi everyone, first thing : I love this droid death star head made by zorg. This is amazing :)

Anyway about the paint, I used the MOTIP Chromespray. I just wanted to let you know that It's no easy to have a smooth finish and that you can have some small spots and some very small chemical reactions.

I used my airbrush to spray this chrome and also the spray can.
The result with this brand is very interesting and you have to be very carreful as It will take a very a long time to dry.
You will have to avoid some finger prints.

My advice is to take your time to paint it step by step with thin layers. The best way is to use a stand on a lazy suzan. Then you can turn it and spray at the same time. You just manipulate the head only by the stand.

The other interesting thing I found is to use a very thin coat of paint for weathering like tamiya. I used the dark iron color with my airbrush.
It works like a kind of very thin varnish and will avoid finger prints in the future.

Last edited:

zorg

Master Member
Ok thanks for the tip, I'm in the UK not sure which gold brand is best? I could put on a gloss clear coat last of all but sometimes depending on which brand of paint is used it can make the gold or silver more dull.
These paints with the chrome looking caps are much n such the same, I've tried a few, same story each time, the thick heavy wet coat seems to smooth the surface a lot better but they take forever to cure/dry. I would not even attempt to put a clear on top of these... I would rather try alclad or molotow in that case if you were determined to have a clear coat on top.

Birdland

These paints with the chrome looking caps are much n such the same, I've tried a few, same story each time, the thick heavy wet coat seems to smooth the surface a lot better but they take forever to cure/dry. I would not even attempt to put a clear on top of these... I would rather try alclad or molotow in that case if you were determined to have a clear coat on top.
Ok many thanks

PLEASE READ EDIT BEFORE BUYING

edit.....gonna have to suspend sales outside u.k. until after christmas, the postal service has just given up with tracking number updates.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Death star droid or ra-7 head kit................... NO FINISHED HEADS AVAILABLE. (see post #16 for customer head with rattle can chrome)

hollow head casting, neck tube, neck ring, head disks, mouth tusks, neck ring greeblies, antenna.

shipping prices vary depending on where you stay. CONTACT ME FIRST VIA PM

USA is now the most expensive location due to usps putting up their prices twice for international incoming mail.

prices are typically...

USA £268 shipped tracked and insured
Rest of the world £250 shipped tracked and insured.

go here for build thread ,plenty of pictures in post #1
View attachment 1365282

these are LIMITED at the moment. it's too cold here to make anymore.

ships from the highlands of scotland, och aye the nooo jimmy!

z
Good morning Im interested in a Death Star droid and just had a couple of questions. I take it it its 3d printed, if so has it been smoothed out and ready to print? One last one how screen accurate is it to the original. Many thanks

Prop Store