DEATH STAR DROID - HEAD - FIRST CASTING POST #1

did some more work on it today, the front nose piece WIP. apoxie sculpt top bit, a cast from a meguiars car polish bottle top had a close match to the lines, the real droid one is pretty wonky. plasticard for the lower layers....
and i decided to do a test cast of the front tusk which came out really nice, i was worried about air bubbles (no pressure pot) but talc saved the day.
V2bup9H.jpg

Please don't drop it.
Guess what......

It fell on the floor.......

Seriously.

Somehow it rolled off the bench even though it was on a hollowed out piece of foam.
I went in to the small work space to be greeted with it on the floor.
It was on its side, I picked it up expecting it to be cracked and smashed.....

Not a scratch on it, I can't even see a dent.

I'm going to by a lottery ticket :)

i did quite a bit on it today, the neck hole mainly and boring stuff. but happy with the progress. IGNORE THE EYE LENSE!

here is a low rez image of WORK IN PROGRESS, all areas are subject to change. some areas are not done yet obviously. i need to move some lines, add some lines, bring other parts out, if you see something out..... i know about it trust me. i just want to get it in the ballpark before i start the final passes cleaning it up. there are pin holes, scratches, wonky lines and filler that still needs sanding but i will get to it all.

wanted to slap some primer on it just to see where i'm at,
it was just a patchwork of filler, paint, and drawn lines. now i can see a better overall look.
BANANA FOR SCALE!
56BrPAl.jpg

P.S. that is not the neck its a paint pot..........

I have the video stored as "The Making of the Myth" and I believe I got it from youtube or vimeo.

I found one on vimeo, but it's not the one I've downloaded previously - seems to be lower quality than mine. I'll keep searching.

Found a version on youtube that seems to be the version I have:

They also have the slightly shorter vimeo version.

I have the video stored as "The Making of the Myth" and I believe I got it from youtube or vimeo.

I found one on vimeo, but it's not the one I've downloaded previously - seems to be lower quality than mine. I'll keep searching.

Found a version on youtube that seems to be the version I have:

They also have the slightly shorter vimeo version.
Thank you :)

Woo ~ you can see in the picture with Brian that is one big head.

Isn’t it much larger than 3PO?
That's even before the back of the head was extended, its much bigger than 3po front to back but not front on. It actually looks quite small front on.

..............ladies :)

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back