Unlimited Run Death Star detention center camera kits - screen-accurate wood plate, Delrin or idealized aluminium

They look awesome! I will be needing a set for sure to go with my setup I put together thanks to you!

Attachments

• 5921EF73-9B9A-4E0B-9325-F64F2D9805C7.jpeg
    5921EF73-9B9A-4E0B-9325-F64F2D9805C7.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 112
Hello guys,
just a quick update from the last couple days of work, I'm working really hard on those lights at the moment but have been very busy in the evening with family this week as well so I had trouble updating you! those photos are actually a couple days old and I am a lot more advanced than that!

so, here is a photo of the current run as it was two days ago:
IMG_0715.jpg

as I quickly explained earlier, I'll be offering 2 versions, a normal version and a light up version, the normal version is what is seen in all the previous photos, it works very nicelly in its own, the light up version are all the parts on the right of the above photo. As you can see, both versions are done very differently, for the normal version, I'm starting from a much larger piece of round stock, turning down the back to put in the lathe chuck, working on my piece until it's final, then removing the extra part on the back. this allows me to have a part with no hole in the center.
the light up version starts from a piece of aluminium of approximatively the final height, I drill a hole in the middle and use that to attach it to another part, as seen in the front right of the photo. This uses a bit less material but is a more time consuming technique as I really have to do several steps in a raw for each piece instead of working step by step on all pieces at once.

here is a first couple pics of how the light up version will work, pretty happy with the result with the small led bezel more or less flush with the inside of the large light bezel. The piece is not final yet, missing a couple lathing opperations and the polishing. They will come with the prewired led, just need to attach them to a 12V power supply and that's it :)
IMG_0719.jpg

IMG_0722.jpg

I'm hoping to release the largest part of the run early next week :) just a little bit more patience, almost ready :)

Just ordered a wood kit. Thanks for offering these up. I know how much time it takes. I look forward to the lights. Good job on everything.

Just ordered a wood kit. Thanks for offering these up. I know how much time it takes. I look forward to the lights. Good job on everything.
thank you, received your order :) damn, didn't you want to waif tomorrow to get the lights as well? don't hesitate to tell me, I can hold on to your package for one day and group :)
cheers

thank you, received your order :) damn, didn't you want to waif tomorrow to get the lights as well? don't hesitate to tell me, I can hold on to your package for one day and group :)
cheers
Shoot. Yeah I would. I just didn’t want to miss getting a kit. Also, I am pretty foggy headed right now. I was just diagnosed with COVID a couple days ago and am stuck in quarantine. Thanks for watching out for me. I need all the help I can get right now.

Shoot. Yeah I would. I just didn’t want to miss getting a kit. Also, I am pretty foggy headed right now. I was just diagnosed with COVID a couple days ago and am stuck in quarantine. Thanks for watching out for me. I need all the help I can get right now.
ok, no worries,
will send you a PM tomorrow to work this out :)

Hello guys,
I'm getting a bit delayed of course! but the run will open up tonight as planned. just give me a few hours to prepare everything, I'll just try to be a bit less chatty than usual on the project run thread to make sure it's not too late in the evening for Europe.
see you in a bit!

Ok guys, I'm almost ready to publish everything but I'll go eat a bit with family and come back to make sure everything is fine before posting it. just give me another hour or 2. sorry for the delay, trying my best to still be under reasonible hours for Europe :)

Run is now open, I decided to create a specific thread for that:

I hope everything goes smoothly now :)
cheers guys, thank you for your interest!!

I think I would be interested in an ideal
Aluminum light up kit. I’ve wanted to set these up in my office.
thank you for your interest, so far there are two aluminium kits left, the lights will need a bit more time to be produced again, thank you for your patience :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back