Unlimited Run Death Star detention center camera kits - screen-accurate wood plate, Delrin or idealized aluminium

"I always feel like somebody is watching me!". A big thank you to @matthieu deltour for making this kit available. Very high quality, great communicator and overall wonderful person to have had the pleasure of meeting. Had a blast acquiring the Tridents and going on this journey. What a great piece to add to look back at and enjoy.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg

"I always feel like somebody is watching me!". A big thank you to @matthieu deltour for making this kit available. Very high quality, great communicator and overall wonderful person to have had the pleasure of meeting. Had a blast acquiring the Tridents and going on this journey. What a great piece to add to look back at and enjoy.

View attachment 1478496View attachment 1478497View attachment 1478498View attachment 1478499View attachment 1478500View attachment 1478501View attachment 1478502
ahah man! that looks AMAZING! thank you so much for sharing! and thank you for the very nice comments :)

Hi there :)

here is a much awaited update on the dome lights themselves!

project is almost ready and the first batch of production is done, I'm just working hard on doing a bit more as well as some FX versions!
those dome lights are extremely involved and I'm doing crazy hours to finish them nicelly and to try to keep everything under budget, and by that I mean, at the same price point that was offered before by a company with much larger means that me, wasn't easy! :)

I hope you guys will like them, I have worked really, really, reaaally hard on them for the past weeks and I'm personally pretty happy with the result and super excited that I'll finally be able to put together my own camera. I started this journey in 2017, took me 1 year and a half to get the 6 all blue viewers and a few more years to put together the kits and lights for all of us to enjoy :).
It's just dome lights of course but I'm really proud I managed to build that entirely by hand and by myself (with some help by my wife:) :) :))

I'm really happy of the realism of the parts, they are made very differently from the previously made ones and they are made to look like the real ones as much as possible with the bezel coming around the lense instead of the lense put on top of the bezel. I'll go into more details and show the fabrication and the separated parts when I launch the project run :)

for now, I'll ask you for just a bit more patience while I finish a bit more lights and finish the FX version too for the people that want to incorporate lights. As you will see below though, I made them in a way that even without light, they can look really bright under certain lighting conditions :)

so here they are in some different lighting conditions!

first off, here in studio lights inside a white box with a reflex camera:
lights.jpg

red_light_03.jpg

here in the same studio condition but with a smaller camera in automatic mode:
studio_01.jpg

studio_02.jpg

studio_03.jpg

outside in the shade:
shade.jpg

now, inside in a room with normal light conditions on the ceiling with slightly warm light bulbs:
It's actually quite fun because the inside of the bezel is turned aluminium and the very thin concentric lines made by the turning process make for a very reflective material and it looks like the lights are actually turned on :)
inside lights.jpg

blue_inside.jpg

and finally, on my desk, with a desk top light directly pointed at them:
inside_desk_light.jpg

once again, I hope you'll like the result and I'll keep you posted soon :)
cheers

Ethan these look amazing, great job! No reason for anyone else to make these, your‘s are awesome! I’m in for several for sure

Last edited:
Thank you so much guys for the positive feedback so far :)
those have been really hard to build for me with my current set of tools :) I'm really happy with the tools I managed to buy theses past two years but of course, there is never enough tools and I'm still doing everything by hand and sometimes have to get a bit creative in the process! I'm currently struggling with my circular saw to cut the aluminium stock as it's pretty big and my saw is getting a bit tired!
However, I'm working hard to finish a few more pieces before putting everything for sale :)
cheers

Ethan, Tatooine Machine is 100% NOT making these lights as your’s are beautiful and you deserve the sales! Thanks for doing these. I need 6-8 of these in different colors. I look forward to these being completed!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back