Unlimited Run Death Star detention center camera kits - screen-accurate wood plate, Delrin or idealized aluminium

eethan

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hello there,

I have been working on a little side run at the same time as the Padme's blasters :)

I'm going to offer new kits to assemble your Paterson Trident viewers to create the detention center cameras. :)

The run is now open and the kits can be purchassed on my website, link in the end :)

I'm now offering 3 options:

1 - Screen accurate 8mm wood plate (MDF) : 130€ + shipping

2 - Idealized 4mm aluminium plate : 145€ + shipping

2 - best of both worlds, 8mm black Delrin plate : 145€ + shipping

Aluminium price from my supplier has increased by 20% for the last run, so I had to increase the prices a little bit as well too. sorry about that...
I'm not offering the parts separately anymore after the first two runs. please contact me if you really need something special :)

Update:
the dome lights are now available (when they are not sold out!)!!! more details on page 5 and here:
lights.jpg

What is included in the kits:

- your choice of wood or aluminium plate (plates are drilled for 100x100mm vesa mounts. the mounts holes are a bit offseted to the top of the plate like seen in the movie. if your mount has more than 2cm of material above the holes, it will be visible above the plate)
- two already assembled aluminium antennas (press fitted parts one by one on my lathe), no assembly or glue required here except for the thin antenna :)
- 2 stainless steel M5 screws to attach the antennas to the plates
- 12 red stickers (16mm), just so you get some spare ;-)
- 14 white stickers (13mm)
- 24 screws to attach the viewers
- a piece of blue painter tape to match some of the screenused cameras
- 6 gloss black cardboard backed rectangles to put inside the viewers and darken the lenses
- small template to position the holes on the viewers

for the wood and delrin kits:
- 4 M4 screws, nuts and washers to possibly attach to the mount. and to put on the plate before mounting the viewers as you won't have access anymore afterwards.
- 24 small metal washers to compensate for the back curvature of the viewers

just for the aluminium kits:
- 24 plastic spacers if you want to attach the viewers without filing the bottoms.
- 2 thick rubber spacers for the antennas if you choose to use the plastic spacers for the viewers.

The aluminium kits are provided with spacers that you can choose to use or not. You can choose to file the closing tabs of the Viewers, probably like they did for the movie seing how close the viewers are to the wood plate and the visible blue tape on some viewers. The wood plates will have a cavity under each viewer to accommodate the closing tab; That way, you can have a screen accurate spacing and not have to file the tabs.

I tried to go as far as possible in the accuracy and details of the kit. The details and measurements are based on references of the real found parts as well as stills from the movie. I have included cool small details never seen before for that replica prop, for instance the small hole that is threaded just like on the real Michell part, the two additional small holes on the long and thin Michell part, the very small bevels on the parts, proper size stickers...

Here is a perspective match screen cap with a 3D model I did for measurements of the back plate:
persp_match_viewers.jpg

I found people saying online that the red stickers were 0.75" (19mm), they are actually 16mm wide based on that 3D match if people want to know for their current replica :)

As always with my props, no sub-contracting to China, everything is handmade with a lot of passion and care by me in the south of France :)
here is for instance the positioning of the holes one by one with my super precise small Proxxon mill :)
DSC03387.JPG

DSC03390.JPG

here are a few photos of the kit options,
aluminium kits:
DSC_0695.JPG

DSC_0696.JPG

Wood kits:
DSC_0697.JPG

DSC_0698.JPG

Delrin kits:
DSC_0966.JPG

DSC_0965.JPG

close up on the cool little details, threaded small hole, two small additional holes on the thin part, small bevels... The thin antenna goes into the larger hole that is not threaded. The parts are accurate to the real found part, they are not mirrored like the previous offering that was available a while ago :)
DSC03424.JPG

How/Where to buy:

As usual, everything I sell can only be purchased on my website, supergreenprops.com:

https://supergreenprops.com

I am obligated by the French law to edit an invoice for any money that goes into my bank account and the invoices have to be sequenced. The only way for me to handle that is through my website. It is easy for you, the website is fun and bilingual, it is perfectly secured and the payments completely handled by Paypal. You just need to register, enter your shipping address and the shipping costs will be calculated automatically. Make sure to enter your address as soon as you create your account as shipping costs are shown for France by default.

I know that some people might feel uncomfortable with a website, but please understand that I have no choice and that, even though there is a website, it’s still me, eethan/Matthieu, behind everything and you can reach out anytime for any question here or by mail contact@supergreenprops.com

I’ll always be happy to help or have a chat; really, you know I’m a friendly and talkative guy and love to talk about cool props, so, don’t hesitate!

Payment:

As explained above, I am obligated by the law to edit a sequenced invoice with all my sales, this goes exclusively through my website. The payments are completely handled by Paypal checkout, with buyer protection, and you can choose to pay directly with paypal, credit cards through Paypal (even if you don’t have a Paypal account), or even local payment options like iDeal, Sofort, Bancontact, Giropay, MyBank, P24, EPS... At no time will I have access to your payment information or bank details, never. When the order is paid, you’ll receive confirmations by mail for every step of the order and an invoice.

Shipping:

When you are logged in and have created an address, shipping costs are automatically calculated in your cart. There are two options, less than 3cm in thickness or more than 3cm. I encourage you to take the less than 3cm option when available as it is much cheaper and still tracked :)

All shipments are shipped with the French post service and tracked; you’ll receive the tracking number by mail when the package ships. It can be tracked directly on your local post website, usps, royal mail and so on. No need to use the French post website link included in the shipping notice mail if you are not in France. If you didn’t receive a tracking number, please check in your spam folder or don’t hesitate to contact me, it’s important to get it :)

Shipping time varies greatly and we all know it has been pretty unreliable lately, however, to give you an idea, it should usually take between 5 to 12 working days to get from France to the US, there can be some rare wild exceptions that I sadly can’t foresee, however, so far, I have never had a lost package, so fingers crossed, it continues that way!

Customs taxes:

All orders are shipped from France. If you are outside Europe, it is possible that your country collects customs taxes or fees, I can only let you know that this is a possibility and encourage you to know how your country deals with international packages and know if you have to pay taxes and how much they are. Please understand that this is out of my control.

Always eco-friendly whenever possible:

As I explain on my website, I try to be as eco-friendly as possible. I live and work in a farm in the south of France, I have all kind of animals around me and we try to respect nature as much as possible. We have a hedgehog in the garden and a lot of bees coming back lately, so hopefully things are taking a better turn!
This kind of work, let's be honest is not by definition eco-friendly since it's purely for our enjoyment and not something we all need to survive (or do we?). That being said, I do my best to always use recycled and recyclable shipping materials or even clean re-used materials sometimes. I also try to do as much as I can for the projects themselves.
By the way, the French post service that I’m using is 100% carbon neutral since 2012 :) that is only for France obviously, but that’s already something I guess :)

I hope I didn't forget anything, as usual, I'm happy to answer any question or discuss any detail with you by PM or by mail, contact@supergreenprops.com

here are photos of a finished wood kit, assembly help can be found on page 2 :)
DSC_0704.JPG

DSC_0702.JPG

DSC_0701.JPG

DSC_0703.JPG

cheers

Last edited:
I´m in for a set with metal plate ...
Can you add white dot stickers also?
Thanks!
Hi, thanks for your interest! Yes I'll add the white stickers too then. Since we don't see them on the close ups, I wasn't planning to offer them at first. It's a bit harder to measure them as they are only visible in the wide shots. I guess I'll go with 12mm :)
cheers

edit:
the best references we have for the white dot is this crop:
white dots.jpg

measuring from that gives something closer to 13mm but that is not as accurate as I can claim for the red stickers where we have much higher resolution images.

Last edited:
Hello there,

I have been working on a little side run at the same time as the Padme's blasters :)

I'm going to offer new kits to assemble your Paterson Trident viewers to create the detention center cameras.
I already have a few kits ready but am still waiting for small spacers and the long and thin aluminium rods due to shipment delays. This will be a quick turnaround though and the first kits will be put for sale on my website around mid June or early June if I'm a bit more lucky with my supply :)

I'm starting this thread to get an idea of interest to know how many more kits to assemble for you guys.

I'm going to offer two options,

1 - Screen accurate 8mm wood plate (MDF) : 110€ + shipping

2 - Idealized 4mm aluminium plate : 135€ + shipping

What is included in the kits:

- your choice of wood or aluminium plate (plates are drilled for 100x100mm vesa mounts. the mounts holes are a bit offseted to the top of the plate like seen in the movie)
- two already assembled aluminium antennas (press fitted parts one by one on my lathe), no assembly or glue required here :)
- 2 M5 screws to attach the antennas to the plates
- 12 red stickers, just so you get some spare ;-)
- 24 screws to attach the viewers
- 24 plastic spacers if you want to attach the viewers without filing the bottoms.
- 2 spacers for the antennas if you choose to use the plastic spacers for the viewers.
- small template to position the holes on the viewers

The kits will be provided with spacers that you can choose to use or not. You can choose to file the closing tabs of the Viewers, probably like they did for the movie seing how close the viewers are to the wood plate and the visible blue tape on some viewers. The wood plates will have a round cavity under each viewer to accommodate the closing tab that way you can have a screen accurate spacing and not have to file the tabs.

I tried to go as far as possible in the accuracy and details of the kit. The details and measurements are based on references of the real found parts as well as stills from the movie. I have included cool small details never seen before for that replica prop, for instance the small hole that is threaded just like on the real Michell part, the two additional small holes on the long and thin Michell part, the very small bevels on the parts.

Here is a persp match screen cap with a 3D model I did for measurements of the back plate:
View attachment 1462567

I found people saying online that the red stickers were 0.75" (19mm), they are actually 16mm wide based on that 3D match if people want to know for their current replica :)

As always with my props, no sub-contracting to China, everything is handmade with a lot of passion and care by me in the south of France :)
here is for instance the positioning of the holes one by one with my super precise small Proxxon mill :)
View attachment 1462573
View attachment 1462574

here are a few photos of both kits options,
As mentioned before, I'm waiting for the spacers for the viewers as well as the thin aluminium rods. I placed one aluminium rod on the photo, there will be 2 per kits of course :) screws are not necessarily the final ones too, I'll assemble one and make sure of the best screws for the kit.
View attachment 1462568

View attachment 1462570

close up on the cool little details, threaded small hole, two small additional holes on the thin part, small bevels... The thin antenna goes into the larger hole that is not threaded. The parts are accurate to the real found part, they are not mirrored like the previous offering that was available a while ago :)
View attachment 1462571

kits will be available to purchase on my website as usual. The website and payment are perfectly secured and all payment are handled by paypal. The website is easy to use and shipping cost is calculated automatically after you create your account and enter your address. By default it will show shipping costs for France, don't get fooled by that ;-)

I'll update the thread when the kits are up and ready :)

thank you for reading me, please don't hesitate to post your interest and specify which version you would like so I can adjust my numbers and prepare enough kits for everyone :)

I hope I didn't forget anything, as usual, I'm happy to answer any question or discuss any detail with you by PM or by mail, contact@supergreenprops.com

cheers
Interested as well in one!

Hello there, thank you very much for your interest so far. keep it coming so I can order the materials quickly :)
I announced the turnaround would be quick but didn't really consider the time it takes to gather the interest then order the aluminium plates, so I guess mid June will be tight. I guess I'll let the interest run for a few more days, then order roughly the number of plates that are requested so far to avoid too much delay.

I did a quick test today of something a bit cool I think and I think I can offer it as well if there is interest for it: the led bezels in polished aluminium. This is a test and the proportions are wrong as I didn't have a correct size round blank in hand, but this gives a good idea of what can be done and I think it works nicelly!
regarding the transparent domes themselves, I have no immediate solution though. my best Idea is 3D printed resin but I can't do it right away.
DSC03427.JPG

cheers

regarding the transparent domes themselves, I have no immediate solution though. my best Idea is 3D printed resin but I can't do it right away.
Easier and faster would be to create a master (3D print, carved wood, metal...), mold it with silicon, and cast it with tinted clear resin. Once the mold is made, casting only takes a few minute. The only difficulty with clear resin is to avoid bubbles. You can use a pressure pot or use a blowtorch to get rid of them.

Another solution is vacuum forming

Last edited:
Easier and faster would be to create a master (3D print, carved wood, metal...), mold it with silicon, and cast it with tinted clear resin. Once the mold is made, casting only takes a few minute. The only difficulty with clear resin is to avoid bubbles. You can use a pressure pot or use a blowtorch to get rid of them.

Another solution is vacuum forming
Hey Olivier, yes of course, but I don't have any casting equipment or experience and this is not something i'm planning to do for now, I have already so many things going on :) But I'll be thinking of a solution, this is just not something I'll be offering right away.

Hello there,

so, here is how the final wood plate will look on each side with the cavities to accomodate the viewers closing snaps without having to file them. the cavities are of course not visible when the viewers are on top of the plate:
DSC03429.JPG

you'll notice that in the end, it's not just a round cavity, the small square rout is to acomodate for the difference present in the rare all light blue variation of the viewer:
DSC03430.JPG

With that plate, no need for any spacer and no need for any filing on the viewers, just screw them on the plate and you get a screen accurate result and spacing. here is a mockup of a set of cameras still without the thin aluminium rods as i'm still waiting for those to be delivered:
DSC03433.JPG

I hope you like it :)

O man this looks amazing i can't wait i have had all the cameras sitting in a box dying to do the build but never felt i could tackle the back plate. Thanks eethan for doing this. Also i was jut wondering are you planning on doing any trims for around the camera lens?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back