Dean Winchester Jacket

Frank

What's the best Jacket out there? The one from celebswear looks good. Then there is the one from soulrevolver which for the price should look better, but the pics make it look really cheap, anybody own one? There is also alot of ebay ones. And the screen used brand that I forgot the name of.

Anybody know the name of the brand? Or own a replica?

Reference pictures from the show:

Front

jR4UwH

Back

jmjJ0r

Front, with a few details

mdZbF9

What's the best Jacket out there? The one from celebswear looks good. Then there is the one from soulrevolver which for the price should look better, but the pics make it look really cheap, anybody own one? There is also alot of ebay ones. And the screen used brand that I forgot the name of.

Anybody know the name of the brand? Or own a replica?

The original jacket was a Wilson's leather jacket, now Diane Widas has to commission new ones for the show because wilsons leather doesnt make it anymore and the original got torn to shred.

soulrevolver uses thin leather, the actual wilsons is thick.

Quote taken from an article about the show

"Diane Widas, the costume designer for Supernatural has confirmed that Dean’s coat is courtesy of Wilson’s Leather, a brand that began life over 110 years ago as Berman’s Leather and has since established a sound reputation over the generations. However, before you quickly head over to Wilson’s website, she’s also warned that they’ve now discontinued the exact type and that the onscreen original has also bitten the dust. Battling supernatural enemies is a dangerous and messy business and as such Jensen has worked through a number of replacement jackets during his time on the show, leaving Widas to routinely commission knockoffs to step in."

From that quote (Thanks, Josh!), it looks like you could grab just about any jacket that looks close enough and maybe dye it to the desired color. The show uses knockoffs, for crying out loud. Haha

Try searching ebay for Wilson's jackets or M. Julian, which is also made by Wilson's leather and has a very close pattern. It's not uncommon to see a few decent M. Julian look alikes but I've only ever seen 4 Wilson's jacktes on ebay and was outbid on 3. Good luck, I'm still searching for a Medium in the right colour.

Sounds a bit daft I know, but if you need it beaten up looking a friend of mine just put hers in the dryer a bunch of times then ran it over with my volvo on a cement driveway. Actually came out looking pretty neat :) Sometimes getting a jacket that looks new is a much cheaper alternative these days than getting one that is "vintage" styled.

Logan's Closet Supernatural prototype jacket...
supernatdean.jpg

supernatdean1yl.jpg

supernatdean2.jpg

supernatdean4.jpg

I just got in the first production version, went as far as even fine tuning the hidden knit cuffs just as used on the show jackets...so far I am the only one to take it that far.

TheMan,
your prototype jacket's looking pretty darn close so far. The only thing I can see that's a little off is the jacket pockets, which look a bit skinny and too long. If you want I can take the measurements and some reference shots of the pattern. The hidden cuffs look the part, I've got to get some for my Wilson's. Where can I get some?

So what's the story with his coat? Is there an accurate replica available? I saw the one by Soul Revolver but it doesn't look anything like the original. I saw two that look awesome but can't find any info on either.

One is Southbeach Leather, but I heard its a little sketchy.
Supernatural Dean Winchester Car Coat / Jacket Leather

The other is this one, which looks awesome, but once again I have heard nothing about.
Supernatural Distressed Coat | Dean Winchester Leather Jacket

From the pictures both look great but who knows...lol

This is the third Jacket that I am thinking about selling. This one is 100% to Dean Winchester's. It is a Brown Wilson Car Coat with a removable liner. Size is an XL. PLEASE NOTE THAT MY CRAPPY PHOTOS DO NOT DO JUSTICE TO THESE JACKETS!

View attachment 69888

Here are a few more photos of Jacket number 3. Like I said, these photos do not do the jackets justice as I REALLY SUCK at taking photos....:eek
You will have to trust me but this jacket looks 100% to Dean's as this is the same jacket he wore up till season six when the ORIGINAL jacket got stolen! And now you now why he no longer wears the leather jacket..:sick

View attachment 69894

View attachment 69895

View attachment 69896

View attachment 69897

Anyone got one of the original Wilsons in a Medium or Large? I've been searching everywhere but haven't turned up anything. Even checked at about 7 local thrift stores lol.

Here's a couple of shots of two of my three Wilson's jackets. The first one is as accurate as it gets, genuine pattern same size as worn by Jensen. It could use a little more distressing but I'm too hesitant to try it. The other is worn perfectly and fits great, it's a cafe racer style motocycle jacket which I think is pretty cool.

I'd love to get some knitted cuff inserts for my Wilson's to make it 100% accurate to the show.

4097488654_1de9512844.jpg

4332196574_8cc2534db3.jpg

The original jacket was a Wilson's leather jacket, now Diane Widas has to commission new ones for the show because wilsons leather doesnt make it anymore and the original got torn to shred.

soulrevolver uses thin leather, the actual wilsons is thick.

Quote taken from an article about the show

"Diane Widas, the costume designer for Supernatural has confirmed that Dean’s coat is courtesy of Wilson’s Leather, a brand that began life over 110 years ago as Berman’s Leather and has since established a sound reputation over the generations. However, before you quickly head over to Wilson’s website, she’s also warned that they’ve now discontinued the exact type and that the onscreen original has also bitten the dust. Battling supernatural enemies is a dangerous and messy business and as such Jensen has worked through a number of replacement jackets during his time on the show, leaving Widas to routinely commission knockoffs to step in."

This doesn't really make sense, as both Jensen and Misha told us at two separate SPN cons how the original jacket was one-of-a-kind and stolen en route to LA for a shoot.

This doesn't really make sense, as both Jensen and Misha told us at two separate SPN cons how the original jacket was one-of-a-kind and stolen en route to LA for a shoot.

I know brother alot of confusing stories..also know that I BELIEVE the very first one was destroyed in a fire stunt or something (maybe someone can verify this) but then I heard the other coat had been stolen along with Micha's trenchcoat....so who knows...find it hard to believe if they have extras made, why hasn't Dean worn it since Swan song? Who knows..... :confused

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back