Deagostini MF - The dreaded Issue 57 circuit board

lucavigg

My circuit board from issue 57 has gone u/s and it doesn’t look like it’s going to be available for back order in several months of Sunday’s. I need to get on with the model as soon as possible.
Has anyone got an alternative method for control of lights or should I just wire up lights and switches to a multi circuit loom myself?
Also, will the ramp operate in its own right with a switch and power supply or does it rely on custom electronics on the circuit board?

Thanks
LucaVigg

That's great, I'm going to bite the bullet and run my own circuits for the lights and try the ramp on its own circuit. The only thing I will lose is remote control. No biggie.

Thanks.

I'm not sure I should admit to this because it adds fuel to my wife's theory that I don't pay attention, but my Issue 57 circuit board is now working.

I attacked it with my continuity meter to see if there were any failing joints or components and, looking at the circuit layout, I realised that the power socket wiring had to be plugged in, even if you only wanted to test circuits because it has the mains switch wired into it as well.

Maybe it's my advancing years or something more sinister, but I would have sworn that I tested a light or the ramp without that socket and switch in place, only the battery box.

In any case, putting pride to one side, if anyone else has made the assumption that their circuit board is not working, double check the power socket/switch is in place.

If I'm the only one, then to quote someone very close to me, "There's no hope!"

Luca

Yep, the power switch and the power supply connector must be plugged into board - also when battery pack is used only.
the power supply connector has a switch inside and bring the Minus of the battery or from the power supply to the board.
when the power supply is plugged in, the switch inside of the connector disconnect the minus of the battery from the board.
and finally the power switch must be set to ON

My ramp drained of power l think, started making a running down slight noise and if I press the remote A button, the ramp light works but not the down up actions!?
Button B for lights is fine.

Circuit board on (red light shows) check,
side switch is ON, check,
So how long to I leave the adapter charging for please.

My ramp drained of power l think, started making a running down slight noise and if I press the remote A button, the ramp light works but not the down up actions!?
Button B for lights is fine. New AAs in front power box, new battery in remote too.

Now to charging....

Sorry. I’m only running mine on batteries at the moment so I’m not the best person to answer this one.

some hints:
check the end-switches on the ramp
check the solder points on the motor - on my ramp motor the wire came off after a while...
check the wire in the plug

I’ve fixed The hyperdrive on the Millennium Falcon...well the ramp, ie (the ramp) thanks for you tips, I just unplugged the wires from the circuit board, replugged then recharged for 70mins. Thanks dudes.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back