DeAgostini AT-AT???

That's true but those sets are usually 1/2 sets - there are exceptions. I bought the millenium falcon month to month, and it was good - but I think I'd rather wait until the run is done and buy the complete kit directly from form Deagostini - I want THEM to get my money so that they keep making kits I want :). When the x-wing completes I'm likely to grab that as a one shot... but its not as attractive to me since I already have a couple of studio scale x-wings. I have a Studio scale walker - but the chance to build/light/and weather it the way I want will almost definitely hook me :)

Jedi Dade

Of course, the way DeAgo does business, the more people wait to buy compete sets, the less likely DeAgo is to actually make those sets. That's a big gamble to build the prototype, not really sell it, and think of putting in all the R+D to further rework the whole kit. Don't get me wrong. I'd prefer to wait, too. I look at the X-wing. Not studio sized, but if it were, I might have been all over it. I have two SS kits, but it would be nice to have another medium. However, if there was any chance of me getting it, it was killed by the wing split in the kit. I'd be pissed if I was getting issues and then found that out.

Are the Deagostini kits faithfully modelled? Every time I see that Build Your Own X-Wing I think the S-Foils just look strange and extend far too much.

I don't have and haven't seen the X-wing. I do have their Falcon and R2-D2 kits. I would say that they got the basic proportions and outlines right, and the details are a crazy mixture of spot-on and accurate, and sketchy and wrong.

This kinda went silent. Because the duck and cover warnings keep the product out of reach? Because it was an April fools thing? Just wondering.
Mike Todd

Now a DeAgostini Y-Wing SS model - now that I one I would consider. Though with all the Y-wing variations out there, it will be hard to make one that satisfies everyone

I don't have and haven't seen the X-wing. I do have their Falcon and R2-D2 kits. I would say that they got the basic proportions and outlines right, and the details are a crazy mixture of spot-on and accurate, and sketchy and wrong.

there is a lot of people complaining about not getting their X-Wing monthly kits. I am sure it has to do with covid so I am waiting until they offer the kit as a whole for sale before I jump on one.

Are the Deagostini kits faithfully modelled? Every time I see that Build Your Own X-Wing I think the S-Foils just look strange and extend far too much.

It's because of the weird way they mechanize the wings. Instead of having a central axis that two sets of wings pivot around, the left and right pairs have their own pinion gears, meaning there are effectively two axes of rotation for the wings. Nothing short of a complete rebuild - including replacing the main control board - would allow them to operate the same as the original miniatures. The reason is in fact because the main control board sits right above the gearbox, which itself sits in the middle of the wings. I really don't know why they didn't attempt a similar setup to the AMT Pro-Shop kit or Bandai's offering, but there you go.

I felt from the beginning like the X-wing was a solution looking for a problem. There's just not too many people out there wanting an x-wing that big. And then when they went in that direction with the wings, I was let down more than I already was. Even if it's not the serious modeler with an eye towards accuracy, it just seems like anyone who loves that ship enough to pay that much and find that much room for it will also notice the wings.

Right? I'm going to get it because I want a huge, nicely made X-wing bigger than studio scale, but I'm making a new wing mechanism from scratch. It just looks WAY too weird to me. There are just too many reliable ways to mechanize the wings without resorting to what they did. I mean... it's the central defining feature of the X-wing. It's in the bloody name! You'd think they would have gotten that right! As far as the size goes, I think they were trying to make it similar in size to their Falcon kit for some reason.

Well Deagostini has a history of dong these trials before a full release... Personally I'm hoping that they go forward with a Full AT-AT!

Jedi Dade

Whilst 1:47 is annoying, given that 1/48 is a “real” scale, I’d definitely go for a 1:47 ATAT. Having said that I’ve just started buying the 1:18 x-wing and I’ve had to adjust my expectations a lot. Given the total price and the marketing I expected something much better than they’re delivering. I’ve only got the first few issues and I’ve already realised the whole thing will need to have seams filled, sanded and be totally repainted. Given that Bandai can produce a model that just needs painting for $30 it seems pretty incredible that for $1200 (or whatever it is) Deagostini can’t do better.

I passed on the X-wing - but the Falcon was pretty awesome - also needs painting but I was always going to paint it anyway... a Studio Scale walker I'm in.

Jedi Dade

I'm guessing the silence means they haven't gone into production on the AT-AT kit?
The test ended after 3 or 4 issues in a specific region here in France. Last year, while asking something to the support (by phone) about a missing part on the X-Wing, I also asked information about the AT-AT and they suggested me to not subscribe as the test was ending.

At the end of the Falcon subscription, they proposed to subcribe to the X-Wing test (I refused). The X-Wing finally run into production at least 2 years after the test (which I subscribed this time).

So we need to wait a little before showing the AT-AT run into production, if it does....

Rencently (2 monthes ago) in another region of France, a 90cm Stardestroyer was also tested.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back