DeAgostini 1:18 X-Wing

Hi,

I am new to this so forgive me if this question has been answered already but does anyone know if the Deagostini X-Wing parts fit sizewise with the Hasbro Hero X-Wing. They both are supposedly 1/18th scale. And buying strategically one could get the parts most needed for the Hasbro conversion rather cheaply (Wings, engines, canons, cockpit). Or is this just silly of me?

Hi,

I am new to this so forgive me if this question has been answered already but does anyone know if the Deagostini X-Wing parts fit sizewise with the Hasbro Hero X-Wing. They both are supposedly 1/18th scale. And buying strategically one could get the parts most needed for the Hasbro conversion rather cheaply (Wings, engines, canons, cockpit). Or is this just silly of me?

I believe there was an earlier post that spoke of the blueprints for the Deag X-wing as near identical in size. I was thinking about doing the same thing. Once the run is complete, I would assume that individual issues could be purchased, but if it is anything like the MF, you may need more than half the issues in order to get the whole set of wings, since they tend to split up the build in several non-linear stages.

TazMan2000

I believe there was an earlier post that spoke of the blueprints for the Deag X-wing as near identical in size. I was thinking about doing the same thing. Once the run is complete, I would assume that individual issues could be purchased, but if it is anything like the MF, you may need more than half the issues in order to get the whole set of wings, since they tend to split up the build in several non-linear stages.

TazMan2000

Thanks! I was thinking you’d only need two wings and double them. I know the German mag included one wing which could be completed in the First few issues already.

Thanks! I was thinking you’d only need two wings and double them. I know the German mag included one wing which could be completed in the First few issues already.

If you were planning on casting the wings, and having the tops match the bottom, yes. There are slight differences, though. Plus the weight of the wings themselves with the lasers (probably made out of brass) would be significant. Strengthening them would be needed if you want to prevent sagging.

TazMan2000

Personally, I think you would be money ahead to buy the wing kit from Falcon 3D and an armature from Mike Reader if you’re choosing to modify a Hasbro.

Personally, I think you would be money ahead to buy the wing kit from Falcon 3D and an armature from Mike Reader if you’re choosing to modify a Hasbro.

Their work is amazing but 4 complete wings from Falcon are $ 1.000,- not counting shipping and taxes for Europe (I am in the Netherlands and unfortunately DeAgostini does not ship here), whereas I’m seeing the first 20 issues of the X-Wing (which I think included two wings, lighting for the engine and guns, a light-up R2 Unit and a canope and partial cockpit) for around € 150 - 200. So the math is € 400 for a set with lighting versus $ 1.000 plus.
I’ll try to get my hands on those forst 20 issues and let you know How they would work on the Hasbro.

Their work is amazing but 4 complete wings from Falcon are $ 1.000,- not counting shipping and taxes for Europe (I am in the Netherlands and unfortunately DeAgostini does not ship here), whereas I’m seeing the first 20 issues of the X-Wing (which I think included two wings, lighting for the engine and guns, a light-up R2 Unit and a canope and partial cockpit) for around € 150 - 200. So the math is € 400 for a set with lighting versus $ 1.000 plus.
I’ll try to get my hands on those forst 20 issues and let you know How they would work on the Hasbro.

Just checked Falcon 3D’s website and the complete set of 4 wings/parts for the 1/18 x-wing is $375 USD. I don’t know where you get $1K.

Just checked Falcon 3D’s website and the complete set of 4 wings/parts for the 1/18 x-wing is $375 USD. I don’t know where you get $1K.

The $375 doesn’t include the engines or laser cannons etc (+$ 395 x 4) ..., maybe not $1k but getting up there .
Don’t get me wrong , Gus’ work is brilliant and top notch (got his MF exhaust & grill’s set for the Deago) , and when I win lotto I’ll be purchasing more of his goodies !(y);)

The $375 doesn’t include the engines or laser cannons etc (+$ 395 x 4) ..., maybe not $1k but getting up there .
Don’t get me wrong , Gus’ work is brilliant and top notch (got his MF exhaust & grill’s set for the Deago) , and when I win lotto I’ll be purchasing more of his goodies !(y);)
I thought that price included the cannons and engines. I may have read it wrong when it said ‘complete’ wing set...

So I’ve decided to cancel my subscription for this after receiving my month 4. I’m just not really liking it. It’s not as fun as the millennium falcon build and for the size it should have better details and there seems to be a lot of alinement/warping issues. Have a full wing built and definitely not as impressed as I should be for the price. I hate not finishing a project but I’m just not feeling it. I guess better now than later.

Just another thought on the DeAgostini wings. In the original model there was just one set that was then flipped as you can see by the way the wings fold together. On the Hasbro they are mirror images. That would be more true to an actual X-Wing but not to the model. So again I think one could just double the wings from one side...

Attachments

• 1B9085B0-495A-4324-BFF0-6A9BE1781020.jpeg
    1B9085B0-495A-4324-BFF0-6A9BE1781020.jpeg
    939.6 KB · Views: 507
Can anyone tell me if this thing is still happening? Are they gonna offer it in the U.S.?

I think it's awesome but the reaction around it does not seam to be very excited so I am wondering if it's gonna make it.

Thanks

its being offered in the US. I am on their mailing list since I got a falcon from them... so they hit me up for this too.

Here you go Build the Star Wars X Wing Model | ModelSpace

Jedi Dade

Can you tell me what month are they on? I have seen nothing new for forever. I checked the site but I could only see the first four.

Darkview received his first parts in post #56 over two years ago. Shouldn't we be seeing a bunch of finished X wings by now?????

Thanks

Can you tell me what month are they on? I have seen nothing new for forever. I checked the site but I could only see the first four.

Darkview received his first parts in post #56 over two years ago. Shouldn't we be seeing a bunch of finished X wings by now?????

Thanks
You can check here, in the build diaries it looks like they are on Pack 5 and it contains issues/stages 17 - 20. It is slow going so far.

X-wing Official Build Diary - ModelSpace

This guy looks like he is up to stage/issue 30

Andreas Modified X-Wing Build - X-wing Members Build Diaries - ModelSpace

As with the MF, they offered a test run to see if there was enough real interest, without any guarantee that the run will continue. This took months, but even then they knew quickly they had a winner. With this X-wing, I believe it took longer before they went to production.

I'm flip flopping on my previous decision on not getting one of these. But I will wait until its offered as a full kit.

TazMan2000

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back