DeAgostini 1:18 X-Wing

madcow0812

Ok, I may be late to this party but I cannot find this anywhere online. They said it was a test in the UK so does anybody here know anything about this new X-wing text run ? I want !!!!!! That scale would put it in the same size category as the large Hasbro X-wing.

Untitled.png

1:18 ??! wow okay, I cant tell if that's too big or not! What was the size of that large one they built for Jedi but didn't use? Does anyone know how bit that would be - ish??

1:18 ??! wow okay, I cant tell if that's too big or not! What was the size of that large one they built for Jedi but didn't use? Does anyone know how bit that would be - ish??

I think it's midway between the two.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and this is one where I won't question why it's not SS.

The current specs going around is that this will be 69.45cm long x 51cm wingspan x 21xm high.

Well that's close to the Hasbro Hero at 76cm.....it's $1800 AUD !!!.......Geez for that coin, it would have to have open close remote wing function surely;)

This is a market test.It will only be available for a very short time in a very limited area in the UK.Usually they do 4 issues and then stop and then look at the sales to see if it will be likely a popular kit.They get feedback on the details and then if it looks like it may sell well it goes into production.This happened with the Falcon too.There are also often changes made to the design based on the feedback so the final product if it is released may be a bit different from the test.Again this happened with the Falcon.I am forum support for Model Space USA.

If anyone from USA would like to comment on this please do so and I will pass on your comments to Model Space.

Releasing these kits is a massive financial risk so any information that could help to convince them it is worth it would be very welcome.

I would also like to state that a lot of very negative comments would also have an effect.The Falcon release was groundbreaking and has been very popular, but the persistent and relentless criticism by a vocal minority could end up stalling future Star Wars releases.There are tons of other subjects that would make great partworks.

I would also like to state that a lot of very negative comments would also have an effect.The Falcon release was groundbreaking and has been very popular, but the persistent and relentless criticism by a vocal minority could end up stalling future Star Wars releases.There are tons of other subjects that would make great partworks.

I'm not one of those who did a lot of critisism, but I might think that for ~1500€, one might expect that people are pissed off when parts are clearly wrong, and customers from differen countries are treated differently, like i.e. on the nose cone parts and the first hull plating pieces of the Millennium Falcon. If they can't handle this kind of negative comments, they probably should either do better research, or make other products where accuracy is not a topic.

I'm not one of those who did a lot of critisism, but I might think that for ~1500€, one might expect that people are pissed off when parts are clearly wrong, and customers from differen countries are treated differently, like i.e. on the nose cone parts and the first hull plating pieces of the Millennium Falcon. If they can't handle this kind of negative comments, they probably should either do better research, or make other products where accuracy is not a topic.

I will gladly pass on your comments.

I agree. I did have some issues early on in regards to parts being delivered in the time they said, but that was corrected and I was happy to applaud their ability to remedy the problems. I also expected to do a full repaint of it as that's what I expect to do with any model. BUT I totally understand and applaud the criticism. They DID misrepresent the MF and they did leave some people out to dry in regards to "corrected" parts. (though I hear it's ever more inaccurate on the correction) They also skimped out on the stand etc...

Is that enough to run them out of town with pitchforks? Of course not. But they should welcome any and ALL criticism. They should listen to what might be reasonable and improve. If they aren't interested in that, then what's the point in having test runs in the first place? So to suggest, as some here have, that we should stop "whining" and be happy that there is a kit is missing the whole point of what customer service is. Without complaints and feedback who knows what would be passed of as "totally screen accurate". If they can't handle the vocal minority then they either need to put their big boy pants on or get into the action toy market and leave replica making to others. That's just my look on it.

Bill

Add to this it was promoted as THE most accurate model of the Falcon so when things are clearly wrong I think people should have a right to be critical considering the financial outlay.

Everyone has their right to state their opinion.It has the potential to affect future releases.I am not in any way suggesting anyone is whining.The company does welcome criticism and will likely act accordingly.So far the comment from rpf would not be supportive of another Star Wars kits.I will pass these comments on.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back