Deadpool Redux

Discussion in 'Marvel Costumes and Props' started by chimichangaz, Sep 7, 2015.

1. chimichangaz

chimichangaz New Member

Looking to upgrade my costume for next year. Was wondering two things: is there a way to add muscle definition to a lycra suit? And how do I go about creating a more comfortable mask with a face shield of sorts so the material is not pressing hard against my nose and cheeks? I appreciate any and all input and will try to have pics of my costume up as soon as I can. At work and working nights so limited on my resources here. thank you in advance for your replies to this thread.

2. DizzyStrmtroopr

DizzyStrmtroopr Well-Known Member

foam will solve both your problems. there are squares of the stuff at walmart, for seat cushions. i used them to create a muscle suit using strategic cutting. you can use thin strips to back the face as well

3. chimichangaz

chimichangaz New Member

You will have to pardon my ignorance, but exactly how do I use foam to portray muscle definition and for use in the mask? I am new to cosplay so any guidance here would be greatly appreciated.

4. Snakenator9

Snakenator9 Jr Member

Never tryed it before, but foam muscle suits would be the way to go for really realistic muscles. From what I've heard and seen (don't quote me on it) you are supposed to cut out and attatch pieces of foam to an under shirt/pants that is worn under the suit. It essentially makes it appear as though you're bigger and more muscular. But I wouldn't throw out simply adding muscle shadings to the suit, it can go a long way.

5. ichibans13

ichibans13 Active Member

6. chimichangaz

chimichangaz New Member

Appreciate the info. Working on setting up my shop in the backyard and getting the necessary tools to complete this and many more projects I would like to tackle. Should hopefully be working on this within the month or next month at the latest. I will post as I piece it together from the beginning...and will most likely be asking more questions all the way through the design so please be patient with me.

7. chimichangaz

chimichangaz New Member

And I would like to incorporate the "Y" belt that the Marvel Now version has on his chest. Any ideas on how to tackle this accessory?

8. Snakenator9

Snakenator9 Jr Member

I would check around and see if anyone has a pepakura file for it, that would probably be the easiest

9. chimichangaz

chimichangaz New Member

So I take it there are pepakura files on most of the cosplay items out there? Again I am new to this and just trying to soak it all in. Would pepakura hold up on an active costume such as Deadpool?

10. Snakenator9

Snakenator9 Jr Member

There are sooooo many pepakura files it's insane. Depending on how you made it then it should be fine. I usually coat my foam in plasti-dip and it hardens it making it pretty durable. I would do something like that, maybe use elastic straps to connect the pieces to keep it fairly bendable and flexible while wearing it.

11. chimichangaz

chimichangaz New Member

Found a great Youtube channel that details step by step the entire movie version of Deadpool including accessories so I can use them to form my unique design to my costume. Going hunting in flea markets this weekend so hopefully I can pick up enough to get started. Convention is not until either June or Sept next year so I have plenty of time but would like to get started so I am not rushed with finishing touches. I will post the full build as it progresses and keep the input coming in as any and all knowledge in this will be key to being the best I possibly can.

12. LovingApathy

LovingApathy Jr Member

What YouTube channel would that be?

13. chimichangaz

chimichangaz New Member

I need to create one actually. Had not thought about it until it was just mentioned. Will try to set it up this weekend and post the link if y'all would be interested.

14. chimichangaz

chimichangaz New Member

Call me old fashioned, but I really like the idea of going as the comic book version of the 'Pool' as opposed to the movie version. I believe I will upgrade my regular suit to a morphsuit and would like to change out the mask as well. Posting the links for the three I am considering below and would like to hear from y'all on pros and cons regarding each. Thanks again for the insight and support.

http://www.partycity.com/product/adult+deadpool+partysuit.do?refType=&navSet=176438
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Adults-Xxla...tume-Outfit-/400904340171?hash=item5d57c2c2cb
    http://www.zentai-zentai.com/deadpo...iping-sewn-with-7-sets-hoods-products-3205.ht

15. chimichangaz

chimichangaz New Member