Interest Dead Space 3 Rifle

wondersquid

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I was commissioned to make a full size replica of this bad boy! It's one of the rifles from Dead Space 3

DSR Toy Veiw 1 by Mal Keller, on Flickr

Trying to gauge if there is interest in making a mold for it. Otherwise, it's a fun one off.

Started on it way back when and realized that my scale was off, so I had to rework the drawing.

DSR side view new by Mal Keller, on Flickr

Finally got it good and have started on the revised version. Here's where I'm at so far. As always comments and critiques are welcome.

DSR Front section 1 by Mal Keller, on Flickr
DSR Front section 2 by Mal Keller, on Flickr

BIG UPDATE!! - Finally getting to the final pieces, so excited!!

DeadSpaceRifle 01 by Mal Keller, on Flickr
DeadSpaceRifle 02 by Mal Keller, on Flickr
This is some of the internal stuff hidden behind the tri-barrels

DeadSpaceRifle 03 by Mal Keller, on Flickr
finishing up the main body

DeadSpaceRifle 04 by Mal Keller, on Flickr
DeadSpaceRifle 05 by Mal Keller, on Flickr
Sculpted the handle from some hard foam and coated it with red spot putty, then sanded and primed.

DeadSpaceRifle 06 by Mal Keller, on Flickr
DeadSpaceRifle 07 by Mal Keller, on Flickr
DeadSpaceRifle 08 by Mal Keller, on Flickr
DeadSpaceRifle 09 by Mal Keller, on Flickr
DeadSpaceRifle 10 by Mal Keller, on Flickr
DeadSpaceRifle 11 by Mal Keller, on Flickr
Getting the rear stock together, made the supports out of MDF. then made the butt out of more hard foam. Love this stuff, it's very dense and easy to carve, I pretty much had the finished piece in an hour.

DeadSpaceRifle 12 by Mal Keller, on Flickr
DeadSpaceRifle 13 by Mal Keller, on Flickr
This is a piece in the middle again, detail you can see on the outside this time, I figure I will make the shroud area a separate piece for molding.

DeadSpaceRifle 14 by Mal Keller, on Flickr
Handle attached!

DeadSpaceRifle 15 by Mal Keller, on Flickr
DeadSpaceRifle 16 by Mal Keller, on Flickr
The finished stock and butt and a test fit with the body, so close! All I need is some silicone and molded will be coming shortly. Gonna have to start working up a price on this bad boy, would love to sell some kits. Any thoughts on this folks?

UPDATE! - Wow, more than a year has passed, I really need to pick up the pace on these things, lol. Well a few things happened, molds were made, and parts cast, but then an armature was needed and that almost killed the project. But after months of work, I finally got the thing together. Here it is before paint. newly primed. Anyone still watching?

31976031525_e982e7db08_z.jpg
20161228_131606 by Mal Keller, on Flickr
31976030735_330aafce0a_z.jpg
20161228_131622 by Mal Keller, on Flickr
31976030355_dbb1bf00fd_z.jpg
20161228_131630 by Mal Keller, on Flickr
31976032025_cda6553878_z.jpg
20161228_125046 by Mal Keller, on Flickr
31976029815_46e85b1da4_z.jpg
20161228_131648 by Mal Keller, on Flickr
31976031095_a336b66a26_z.jpg
20161228_131613 by Mal Keller, on Flickr

I have a Nerf Centurion ready to convert to a Chemrail but I'd much prefer to use one of your kits. Looking forward to hearing more...is it too early for an Interest thread?

It really is amazing to see how you put it all together through the various stages.
You are a very talented person and your work inspirational. :thumbsup

That's hilarious, I am in fact working on that. I haven't posted anything, because progress has been slow.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

That's even more hilarious, because I have a few of your amazing kits but I've always wanted a chemrail!!! ;-)

Yes yes yes!

I have a Nerf Centurion ready to convert to a Chemrail but I'd much prefer to use one of your kits. Looking forward to hearing more...is it too early for an Interest thread?

Ha ha, I have 2 of them! With scopes and all. Been sitting in the corner, waiting for inspiration, but now I know Wondersquid is on the job, they will go to the kids. That's a win/win.

tmax, you want one of these? They are a nightmare to put together. Didn't you read this thread?! Lol. I guess if you really want them, I'll sell you one for $300. As far as the chemrail, let me get a bit along before I post on it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back