Dday E11 blaster build.

Discussion in 'Star Wars Costumes and Props' started by kontherun, Jun 1, 2015.

  1. kontherun

    kontherun Active Member

    Trophy Points:
    361
    I recently got the E11 kit from Dday, need a good blaster for the Anovos Stormtrooper I ordered.
    By now I have filled and sanded all parts and added small details here and there. I have added a barrel, a inner and outer pipe, and made a hot glue receiver for the end of the pipe. I also made a sticker and a lens for the counter. The metal parts have been blackened with aluminum black, figured it would be a good idea having them black under the paint in case of chipping.
    Next step is a test assembly and then paint.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433189759.561740.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433189771.735355.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433189784.408104.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433189797.780622.jpg
     
    jkno, MAAZ, mugatu and 1 other person like this.
  2. Flowhamma

    Flowhamma New Member

    Trophy Points:
    3
    Looks amazing! I'm looking fwd to seeing it progress. I am a newbie here but am starting my own anovos build when it ships. Just got my Doopy E11 in the mail an hour ago!
     
    kontherun likes this.
  3. mugatu

    mugatu Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

    Trophy Points:
    1,782
    Your work is looking really good so far!
     
    kontherun likes this.
  4. valdi

    valdi Member

    Trophy Points:
    192
    Looking nice my friend.
     
    kontherun likes this.
  5. kontherun

    kontherun Active Member

    Trophy Points:
    361
    Thanks guys. And thank you valdi for inviting me to the shop, things goes faster when you have a well equipped shop and tools to help you.
    I'm just about finished with the blaster. Here's som pictures showing the current state. I had some problems with the stock, broke both sides of and had to reinforce them with some flat steel springs at the inside. They broke a few times more but it was relatively easy to fix because the steel kept them in place. All parts attached to the body had the seams filled with black milliput before painting. Distressing was done with Alclad chrome and polished brass. A combination of dry brush and airbrush.
     
    mugatu likes this.
  6. kontherun

    kontherun Active Member

    Trophy Points:
    361
  7. jkno

    jkno Master Member

    Trophy Points:
    2,871
    Very cool blaster! I like its fine weathering!
     
    kontherun likes this.
  8. kontherun

    kontherun Active Member

    Trophy Points:
    361
    Thank. Dry brushing with Alclad was a bit of a challenge, I did some testing to get the technique right.
     
  9. RogueTrooper

    RogueTrooper Well-Known Member

    Trophy Points:
    935
    Very nice build. Solid looking kit more of a premium example compared to the DD kit.....great work;)
     
    kontherun likes this.
  10. kontherun

    kontherun Active Member

    Trophy Points:
    361
    Thanks. It is a very good kit. The main body is aluminum with all holes drilled and and machined small flat area where the bayonet goes. All other parts are cast from an original Sterling. I added inner barrel, lenses for the scope and a small flat lens for the counter.
    Dday did a great job with this kit.
     
  11. kontherun

    kontherun Active Member

    Trophy Points:
    361
    And the problems I had with the stock was my own fault.
     
  12. dday

    dday Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

    Trophy Points:
    1,830

    What a great build and paint job.. I"m jealous!
     
    kontherun likes this.
  13. kontherun

    kontherun Active Member

    Trophy Points:
    361
    Well, without your kit this would never be.
     
  14. kontherun

    kontherun Active Member

    Trophy Points:
    361
  15. kontherun

    kontherun Active Member

    Trophy Points:
    361
    Just a couple of high resolution images.
     

Share This Page