DCU/MCU crossover on the way?

My thought is that Gunn is meant to be a bridge for that option, and I think that's a mutual thing between D and WB.
I think D is planning for a complete reboot of the MCU, and that their letting Gunn set the stage with his full DCU reboot.

I can see that as being a good business decision.

What troubles me, based on observations of the industry, is the thought of witnessing these new Universes incorporate present-day political ideologies.

Let's see how this play out.

Marvel when they were Marvel made some cool movies but they have become Carbon Copies of each other and I've lost interest so merging Disney with lacklustre DC isn't appealing in the least.

I'd rather watch a Batman VS Judge Dredd movie.. But that won't happen and if I see another Batman/Spiderman origin movie!!!

"Something new and fresh please"

Now that you mention it I think Batman vs. Predator/Aliens on the big screen would be much more interesting than DC/MCU today.
Someone please make that happen.
Wouldn't it....
I was just randomly looking today at images of the various iterations of Batman over the years and concluded
He's just so dam cool, the best Costumed character Ever!

Wouldn't it....
I was just randomly looking today at images of the various iterations of Batman over the years and concluded
He's just so dam cool, the best Costumed character Ever!

From purely the movie aspect it could breathe new life into at least two franchises that are, arguably, exhausted of new ideas. Of course they would need to be handled with great care since the mere titles are so precariously close to shark-jump territory. It would be a challenge, that's for sure. Predator might be more approachable, in that case.

From purely the movie aspect it could breathe new life into at least two franchises that are, arguably, exhausted of new ideas. Of course they would need to be handled with great care since the mere titles are so precariously close to shark-jump territory. It would be a challenge, that's for sure. Predator might be more approachable, in that case.
Ah a shark reference.
Batman VS Jaws.. I'm in.

But yes it would prolly get a low budget and end up on Peacock or such like.

I just want the Amalgam crossover. I loved that as a kid! Bruce Wayne: Agent of SHIELD, Dark Claw, Iron Lantern, Super Soldier, Spidre-Boy and the list goes
on!

acters-Ranked.jpg?q=50&fit=contain&w=1140&h=&dpr=1.jpg

Now that you mention it I think Batman vs. Predator/Aliens on the big screen would be much more interesting than DC/MCU today.
Someone please make that happen.
The idea, yes. The actual movie? No. DC movies suck. All of them do. Predator and Alien movies suck these days. All of them do. Putting two crap things together doesn't make gold. You have to fundamentally change the way that Hollywood works.

I don't see that happening any time soon.

The idea, yes. The actual movie? No. DC movies suck. All of them do. Predator and Alien movies suck these days. All of them do. Putting two crap things together doesn't make gold. You have to fundamentally change the way that Hollywood works.

I don't see that happening any time soon.

With every franchise (except for Nintendo) seemingly marching into hospice I would pay to watch any of them go down in a giant blaze of glorious cringe instead of dying with a whimper.

Anyone remember Batman taking down the Hulk with a kick to the solar plexus?

They would really, really have to think about how they do it. Marvel fans will be fuming if they try cheesy crap like that.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back