So far, I have cut out 465 square "scales" and I anticipate I'll need more. If you look at the costume, the chest piece and cod piece seem to be their own separate parts, so I have made foam pecs for he chest. To get the pattern right, I made strips of scales, which will eventually be glued down to the foam. I free handed the other parts on the chest as well.
This is just green vinyl I happened to have laying in my basement. After everything is glued down and painted correctly, I will be going over it all with clear Flex Seal rubber spray, it really gives it a better texture and shine that looks pretty close to the actual armor, which I'll post after I finish that in the next few days.
Alright, so I took some time off, and then when I went back I realized that the clear rubber coating did not cure and became super sticky. Sooo I had to start over. However, it enabled me to make the chest part more accurate, so it turned out for the best. Here are some progress photos of what I have so far. The shoulder pauldrons are currenty drying, then I'll get some pictures of those, and I'm right in the middle of making the gauntlets.